Mrs Vayaadi?

“Dei bayama irukkuda. Romba nervous’ah irukku,” Shivya was blablering and complaining to Sathya. He left to Delhi as he got transferred. Shivya and Sathya were always on touch and she updated him on everything. She immediately called Sathya when they confessed eachother. From that he has been overflowing with pride as he guessed what was brewing with them. Sathya somehow applied for leave and came to meet her as soon as he got to know aout his bestfriend. His heart broke to see her on the wheelchair.

Sathya knows everything about her. They were bestfriends from their childhood. Being a hyperactive girl who likes to explore many new things, Shivya gets excited for every single little thing. Seeing her sitting on the wheelchair made his heart heavy.

“Dei Sathya!” she exclaimed bringing him out of trance. She looked at him and just sighed.

The Idol’s grand finale is today and she is very nervous about it. She has given her best and prepared well but yet deep down she is scared. “Onnum illa Shiv, pannirlaam. Just breath in and breath out,” Shivya followed Sathya’s instructions and pouted.

“Shivya ready?” Krish asked. Shivya nodded and moved head sideways. Krish appa sensed her nervousness and knelt before her “you are gonna rock it!” Shivya smiled. “Sathya nee ivalla kootita po naangha time’ku vanthuruvoam,” Sathya and Shivya bid bye and left.

~~~

“Ada ungha aal’uh thaan varuvare approm yenna,” Sathya asked while driving. “Ada poda avura’kku avru poriuranda thaan mukhiyaam,” she huffed. Sathya laughed. “Siri da nalla siri.”

“Ne romba santhosham irukkura. I can see it in your eyes,” Sathya said. Shivya smiled. She reminisced the moments with Maraan. Everything he has done and all his words from yesterday paved a huge smile on her lips. “Yes the most happiest person.”

They drove to the place with a lot of banters and Shivya filled in everything to Sathya about happened during his absence.

~~~

“Next contestant to the stage, Shivya Krish,” the host announced. A helper pushed the wheel chair she was on,  and bought her to the stage. “How are you? How is your health” the host checked as he heard what happned to her. Shivya asusual her chirpy character excitedly said “adipoli,” making everyone break into laughter. “Enna aahnalum antha energy and hyperness korivave koriyaadhu,” the host announced.

“Ready’ah? Grand finale. Eppadi confident’ah irukka?”

“Konjam nervous’ah thaan irukku. Ahana prepare panean. Ennoda best’uh kodupean.”

“Okay. Yaru yaru ellam vanthu irukkuraangha unghaloda,” the host asked. “Ennoda family and bestfriend, Sathya,” she said but she missed Maraan. The host called them on stage but to her surprise he came. Maraan walked in after Sathya. Shivya’s mouth just opened and she kept her hand over her mouth. “Ithu yaaru?” the host asked pointing over Maraan and looked at Shivya. “Enna ma?” he asked. “Ithu yen amma, appa , anna, athu Sathya yen bestfriend,” she said pointing at each one. “Sari ma naan avura yaaru’nu kettean,” he pointed at Maraan again.

Maraan chuckled looking at Shivya. Shivya was surprised to see him and couldn’t come out of it.

“Avaru,yen…” she blushed.

“oho purinjireetchi,” the host teased. “Ayyo anna,” she whined as everyone made the ‘ooh’ joining the host to tease her. “Ivaru thaan ivaangha avaru.” Shivya blushed while Maraan chuckled looking at her.

“Sari let’s start. Goodluck!”
Maraan kissed her forehead and whispered a goodluck before going down while everyone awed at them.

She tightened the hold on the mic. You can do it she said to herself and closed her eyes.

Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Ethai naan ketppin…aaaaa…..
Ethai naan ketppin unnaiyae tharuvaai
Ethai naan ketppin…. unnaiyae tharuvaai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Malargal kaetten .. malargal kaetten
Malargal kaetten … malargal kaetten
Ethai naan ketppin unnaiyae tharuvaai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Kaattil thozhainthen vazhiyaai vanthanai
Irulil thozhainthen oliyaai vanthanai
Kaattil thozhainthen vazhiyaai vanthanai
Irulil thozhainthen oliyaai vanthanai
Ethanil tholainthaal…..

Ethanil tholainthaal neeyae varuvaai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Pallam veezhnthen sigaram serthanai
Vellam veezhnthen karaiyil serthanai
Pallam veezhnthen sigaram serthanai
Vellam veezhnthen karaiyil serthanai
Ethanil veezhnthaal…aaaa…aaa….aaa…
Ethanil veezhnthaal unnidam serppaai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Ethai naan ketppin
Ethai naan ketppin unnaiyae tharuvaai
Unnaiyae tharuvaai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai
Malargal kaetten vanamae thanthanai
Thanneer kaetten amirtham thanthanai

Everyone was drowning in her voice. Maraan always found peace in her voice and especially when she was singing. Whenever he asks she would sing for him.

As Shivya ended her song she was given the ‘super duper’ buzzer. This is usually given to contetstants when judges are immensely happy and stunned by the performance. Shivya opened her eyes to the falling of confetti as the poppers burst.