Miss Angry

Maraan slowly opened his eyes. The lights that hit him made it difficult for him to see properly at first. He looked around and saw him lying in the bed and his right hand wrapped in a cast.

He saw Shivya. Her cheeks had dried tear marks. Her eyebrows scrunched forming a frown on her face. He lifted his left arm to carress her cheeks but winced in pain as he tried to sit up simultaneously.

Shivya woke up, jerked, as she heard Maaran’s wince. “Enna aatchi. Valikutha. Doctor , Nurse,” she shouted panicked. “Ma,” he held her  hand and tried to speak but came out as a whisper. She looked at his direction and immediately sat next to him. He fisted his hand and showed his thumb and bought it near his mouth indicating he needs water as his throat was dried. Shivya poured water in a glass and helped him drink it.

The doctors came in and told Shivya to move out for them to check him. “Avan endritchitaana?” the brothers questioned her. She nodded her head and said “doctor avara check pannaraangha.” She just sat on the chair and went into deep thoughts.

“Valikudha?” the doctor asked as he tried to lift Maaran’s fractured hand. Maaran gritted his teeth as he felt a sharp pain when the doctor lifted his hand. He nodded his head to answer the doctor’s question. “Only your hand is fractured. No internal damages. I will prescribe medicines, please take them on time. You can get discharged  today. Come to the hospital by the end of this week to do a check up,” the doctor said and left as Maaran nodded to his orders.

The doctor and nurse went out and told the same thing to the trio. Shivya listened carefully. “You can meet him. Give him food.”  The trio nodded. “Shivya ne poyi paara,” Rishi said. Shivya nodded her head sideways, “ illa ne neengha ponga. Ennakha konjam...,” she broke into tears. “Rishi understood and said “puriyadha ma. Aahna onne onnu, avan un safety ka thaan senjaan. Avanna avoid mattum pannadha.” Rishi told and left to meet Maraan with Pugazh.

Shivya would never avoid him. The thought of him enduring everything- the pain, agony and suffering was only her. It made her guilty. But the love for him grew each second. She cried her heart out.

~~~

Maraan was staring at the ceiling and his trance was broken by Rishi. “Maraa eppadi irukku?” He looked at the concerned faces of his best friends, “nalla irukku. Onnum illada.” 

He then looked at the door to see if she came.  The duo looked at the direction where he was looking and understood him. “Avalukku theriyum.” Maaran looked at Rishi and raised his eyebrows.Rishi took a deep breath and sat on the chair. “Ava yetho irukkuna kandu pudichita. Enkitta ketta manage panna try pannean but she was adamant. Arya pathi sonnean.”  Looking at Maaran’s confused face he further added  “ellam illa. Intha accident and the threat call only.” 

Pugazh came forward and patted his shoulder “ ava varuva. Konjam time kuda.” Maaran nodded his head.
Pugazh also took a seat and asked him “Arya? eppadi nadhanthatchi?” Pugazh knew Maraan lost his family and that it was an accident. The new information ‘Arya’ and the fact that his family was mudered shook him. Pugazh was very close to his family, they even treated him as their own son when he was away from his family during college time.

Rishi looked at Maraan and understood the turmoil of emotion he is going through. Rishi looked at Pugazh and shook his head sideways. Pugazh understood and got a hold of Maraan’s hand.  “Dei onnum illa. Nee ippa onnum solladha. Rest eddu, onnum yosikhaatha. Intha first sappuda,” saying he kept the tray on the table that was fixed near the bed that was in a reachable distance for him. “Shivya saptaala,” he asked looking at Pugazh. “Innum illa. Ippa naan poyitta sapada vakirean. Ava onnaya sappada sonna. So please saapatra illa na naangha thaan gaali,” he said that at the end playfully to ease the situation which helped bring a small smile on Maaran’sface when he reminisced the day she took care of him when he was sick.

~~~

Maraan just closed his eyes to relax.  Shivya came in after a while and looked at him lying down. She went closer and sat on the chair. She held his hand and caressed it. Maaran quickly opened his eyes when he felt a touch and knew it was Shivya. He saw her staring at their interwined hands. He  tightened the hold and Shivya looked at him. “Ma,” he spoke. Shivya just kept looking at him. Her look was stern and Maraan gulped looking at her. “ Ma onnum aagala. Paara,” he tried to lift his hands to show her but winced in pain. Shivya panicked and got a hold of his hand and slowly helped him move it down and rest it on the bed, while glaring at him.

“Shivya, Maraan discharge forms ellam complete. Polam,”Rishi said making these two nod.

Shivya and Pugazh helped Maraan to stand and walked to the entrance. Pugazh carried the medicines and Shivya held Maraan’s left hand and walked to the entrance while Rishi went to take the car from the parking. Maraan tried to initiate a conversation but decided against it when he met Shivya’s glare. "Miss Angry," he muttered under his breath.

“Dei machan enga da pora?” Maraan questioned Rishi when he noticed that the route they are taking is different to the route to his house. “Thangatchi order da. Ava veetuka,” Rishi said. “Shivya ma,” he tried to get her attention which obviously failed. He tried again “ma, onnum illa, naan en veetuke porean.” Shivya took a deep breath and said “anney sollunga, namba veetu varathuka yen thayangararu. Vaya moditu summa vara sollanga,” she said without turning around.

Maraan couldn’t argue. The namba veetu kept ringing in his mind. It felt surreal to hear that. He has gone through a lot. He thought he would never get a home. He had his own house but it never felt home at all, until she came. Now she is even telling that her house belonged to him. It brought an immense happiness in his heart that led to his lips form a smile.

~~~

The smile on his lips never left even when he entered the Krish household. Chitra ma arranged an aarthi plate and was welcoming their son. Maraan got reminded of his mother who would always do this when he came back home during semester holidays and during his birthdays. Chitra ma understood this and said “Naanum un amma thaan.” He hugged her while she patted his back. “Pugazh ne poi Maraan and Rishi‘kkum guest room’ah kaatu,” they nodded and left.

Shivya saw him. Maraan begged with his eyes that he wanted to talk. Not paying heed to him she left to the kitchen with her mother. The friend trio left to the room.

~~~

“Anney neeyum thangam'mum veliya vaanga. Na avaru kitta pesanum,” Shivya told as soon as Pugazh picked the call. Pugazh obeyed to his sisters words and told Rishi.  Pugazh thought it was good if they talk. Shivya has feelings for Maraan and he knows how heart broken she will be when her loved ones are hurt. She is sensitive when it comes to her loved ones.

Heyyyoo guys!
Hope u guys like this chapter.
Thank you for all the love and support.
I am really glad that you guys are enjoying this story 🥰

Pls do comment about this chapter 

Thank you for all the votes and comments 

It's a fictional story
Pls ignore typos and errors.

Stay Safe✨✨✨