His heart beat💓

Maraan blinked his eyes few times before rubbing his eyes to get rid of the sleep. He saw her sleeping, her head on his chest while her face carried a frown.

Her body was straight , her face was only facing his side. He sensed her discomfort. He slowly got and released her hold on his t-shirt that held very tightly, as if letting it to he would vanish. He slowly removed her fingers and kissed them. He made her lie on a comfortable position and went to wash his face.

When he came back, he saw her already awake. He went towards her “Yen ma elumbita?”

“Nee yen elumbhana?” she questioned with a pout. A smile came way on his face ad he felt happy seeing her like this. “Nee comfortable’ah padukkunum’na thaan appadi panean,” he said as he helped her sit up, keeping pillows behind her so that she can rest her back. “Ennakhu yen thala unnado chest kitta vachi. Un heart beat’ah kettukittea thoonganum, athu thaan ennakha comfortable,” she said pulling him beside her, hugged him and closed her eyes.
He smiled and carresed her hair. “Okay appadiye irukkulaam, aahna ippa ne sapudunum ma,” saying he rested her head on the pillow and moved to get the food. He started feeding her. She tore a piece of chappati and fed him. “Ma nee sapudu ma,” she nodded her head sideways and fed him. They ate while talking random things.

~~~

The doctor,with the rest of the family entered. They smiled at the couple. “Shivya, marunthu potititya,” Chithra asked as she moved forward. “Aama ma.”

The doctor came forward and checked her. “Shivya this is Doctor Shashi. She is your physiotherapist. She is an expert. Please cooperate with her,” he said and went out not before informing her health status. “Hi Shivya, don’t worry we will fix this soon,” she said. Shivya smiled and nodded her head. “ Tomorrow I will meet you at 2. Bye.” She bid bye and left.
Krish and Chithra carresed her hair and asked her about her pain. “Nee ethu vennunalum engaleiya koopuda. Please don’t strain yourself.” Shivya nodded her head. Maraan held her hand. The family were talking random things but their hold never broke. “Ahma en annangal enga?”

“Inga,” just as she finished the brother duo entered. They hugged her and kissed her forehead. “Bayundhutean ma ,” Rishi said. Shivya looked at them, all were emotional. She really understood but she didn’t want the past anymore. “Ada enna pa, naan inga ipa romba fit’ah thaan irukkurean.” She paused and showed her arms “anney variya hand fight,” she said making them all chuckle.

“Papa ithu yaambugham irruka?” Pugazh took out a photo from his pocket. It was a picture of  him and her. They were small,when Shivya was around 5. She was on her brother’s back, both were showing their tongue to pose for the picture. She laughed  reminiscing those memories. “Enga ne kedichichi, ithu kanama poyireetchi thaanae?” she asked.

“Room’ah clean panna po, appadiye kedichichi.” Shivya looked at that picture and showed it to Maraan and started narrating that day. Maraan listened to her. While the rest of the family felt like a third wheel. “Thangam naanum thaan irukkurean, athu yen avan kitta mattum sollura.” Rishi asked. Shivya smiled sheepishly.  “Yenna athu avanga avuru,” her parents and brother chorused it out making every one laugh while these two were blushing.

~~~

It was the next day. Shivya was very nervous. Maraan noticed it and held her hands “Onnum illa. Naan irukkurean. Baby steps okay?” Shivya nodded and hugged him.

“Valikudha?” Doctor Shashi asked. Shivya’s face scrunched and let out a small yelp. “Okay ,” she pressed her leg and asked her while Shivya screamed as tears escaped her eyes. Maraan held her hands as she tightened her hold as the pain was increasing.

Shivya was lying on the bed and Doctor Shashi was checking the strength of her legs. “Okay this is good. Her legs can be fixed. I thought she would be diagnosed with parathesia. She feels pain so her legs will heal.” Maraan relaxed and felt relived after knowing this. “Regular therapy sessions and proper medication will make it better. Beginning’la pain romba immense’ah irukkum, nadakkha vendam. But after when you feel like you can then start walking,” she explained everything in detailed while packing her stuffs.

Maraan thanked at the doctor and looked at Shivya. “Polama,” Shivya nodded her head. The nurse got the wheel chair, Shivya pouted looking at it. Maraan looked at her and picked her in a bridal style. “Maraan’ey,” she let out a small squeal. Maraan walked back to the room.

As they reached the room she kissed his cheeks. He looked at her and laid her down on the bed. Their faces were very close.

Shivya’s heart beat was rising.

Maraan pecked the corner of her lips and huskily whispered “ithu annikhi kudhathukha.”

Shivya remembered that night. The effort he took to prepare it for her. Though that night ended unexpectedly, that day was very special to her.

She blushed and tapped on the space beside her. He laid and pulled her into his embrace gently, making her head rest on his chest.

~~~

Days rolled, Shivya was discharged. She went to therapy sessions and tried to walk in a third session. It was hard for her but Maraan was their with her for every step.

“Shivya enna pannara?,” Pugazh shouted out of concern making her jerk. Shivya was trying to reach the water bottle which was a bit further away, beside her. She was thinking of help but she wanted to try. She was told by everyone to just sit and wait and that is the most difficult thing for her.

“Naangha thaan irukkoroam’la,” Pugazh  said giving her th water bottle. She took a deep breath and listened to the lecture. Maraan came in and saw the usual pasamalar duo turned into a tom and jerry one. “Machan unna amma koppotaangha,” he told trying to ease the situation. Shivya sighed a relief as he left.She looked at Maraan.

“Pa ennaya enghayavaathu kootitu poreeya please. Bore addikhithu,” she asked. “Ma ippa thaan ma ne sari aahna,” Maraan didn’t want to risk. “Ada po,”Shivya got really annoyed.

Maraan sighed and sat beside her. He lifted her chin and worry filled his body as he saw her eyes brimmed with tears. “Vali ya ma.”

“Pssttt!,” she wacked his arm away. He cupped her face “enna ma?”

“Yen neengha ellarum ippadi pannureengha. Ennakhu theriyum kaal valikudhuthanu, aahna neengha ellam romba over’ah thaan panreengha. Normal'ah irunghale.  Kaiya move pannale ‘ayyo papa,ma, Shivya’ na ellarum romba panick aagureengha. Ennakha athu reminder’ah irukku, ennakha nadukha mudiyallah’nu,” she finished as tears fell from her eyes. She sniffed to stoprfrom tearing.

She understands that they all are just very protective about her. She gets special care, infact she ejoyed it many times but they all just go to an extreme extent that makes her feel helpless. She doen’t like that feeling. Disappointment filled as no one undertood making her annoyed.

Maraan looked at her. He felt bad and upset that he couldn’t understand her. His only priority was her health that none of her feelings crossed his mind. “I’m sorry ma. Ennakha, nambalkku un health thaan first therinchichi. We won’t disappoint you anymore,” he wiped her tears away.

He carried her in a bridal style “va polam," she cooed excitedly and kissed his cheeks loudly. “Romba ice varuthu innikhi,” Maraan commented. They went down and the whole family turned to them “engha poreengha,” Pugazh asked. “Summa appadiye,” Shivya said and they went out without waiting for anyones reply.

Heyyyoo guys!
Hope this chapter is good!

Pls ignore typos and errors. Do comment on this chapter.
This is a fictional story

Stay safe✨✨✨