THE IDOL

It is been two weeks since Shivya joined at MK Group of Companies. She has been very focused on the works given by her boss and impressing everyone with her sincerity towards the work. She has also helped Maaran with a presentation for a deal and today they have to present it.

Shivya was working on the file Maaran assigned and that’s when her phone pinged a notification. She opened it and read the message, it was from her best friend Sathya.“Thalaivi reminder, today is auditions. Come on time.” She hit her forehead as she realized that she forgot about her auditions. She was very thankful to Sathya that he reminded her. Sathya and Shivya have been childhood friends, they know everything about eachother. Sathya very well knows about his best friend’s dream to sing and create her own identity and he fully supports her. He is the one who encourages her when she feels down and searches for chances along with her. Even the competition ‘The Idol’ was found by Sathya and he himself filled the application form for her and showed it to her. Shivya then replied a ‘thumbs up’ emoji and wondered how to reach for her auditions which was at one o’ clock. She glanced at the clock, it read eleven thirty. Lunch break was in an hour so she thought to leave now and come back before break finishes, as it finishes at two thirty ,and she had plenty of time to come back before three thirty for the meeting.

She finished her assigned work and left to Maaran’s cabin and knocked on the door. She entered once she was given permission and  kept the file on the table. Maaran was immersed in his work so Shivya cleared her throat. Maaran looked from the laptop and met her eyes. He got a different feeling every time he met her gaze, as if he has known these pair of eyes for a long time and can recognize it anywhere. Those beautiful eyes were innocent and loving. Maaran has been feeling like this for a quite some time, specifically from when he called her ‘ma’. On the other side, Shivya felt different when she saw those intense eyes. She couldn’t decipher what it was properly but it did not feel wrong, she felt comfortable.

Shivya decided to break the comfortable silence by clearing her throat that broke Maaran’s trance. “Get the 2019 file,” he said. Though he did not really want the file he was scared that she might ask him the reason for him staring at her as she speaks her heart out. He actually did admire her boldness, but he couldn’t afford to answer her at the moment. He himself didn't know the answer.  Shivya went near the shelf and found the file and it was again in a height she couldn’t reach. “Aiyo, ivannakku ithe vela thaan,” she muttered under her breath.

All this while Maaran was looking at her and trying not laugh. He stood from the chair and asked her while controlling his laugh “Ippo kuda help kekka maata illa?” Shivya turned and saw him standing and trying to keep a straight face. “Hello naan normal height thaan, neengha thaan abnormal height’uh ka valandhu irrukingha,” she huffed. “Nalla samalikara ma,” he said and stopped laughing as he again said ‘ma’. He did not want to say it but it was not in his control when he spoke to Shivya. It just comes naturally. “Dei don’t call her ‘ma’”, he said to himself.  He composed himself and reached for the file and sat on his chair.

Shivya cleared her throat again to get his attention this time to tell him about leaving and coming back. Maaran looked at her and raised his eyebrow at her. “Sir I have an important work, and I will come back before the lunch break is over. Can I have your permission?” Maaran nodded and told “come back before the dealership meeting. It is important. You have the pendrive right?” Shivya nodded her head and thanked him and left for her auditions.

Sathya called her and informed that he arrived at her office. She took her belongings and rushed down and got on the bike. “Thalaivi don’t worry you will surely get in. Ennaka nambikka irukka,” he comforted her. Sathya knew she was nervous. She has done many auditions but something or the other came her way. During her last auditions her grandmother passed away and she couldn’t concentrate on her singing and that oppourtunity slipped. Sathya stopped at the entrance and Shivya got down.

As she entered the premises, she felt confident. Her gut feeling was strong that assured her  that she is in the right place. This gave her a boost and her nervousness reduced. She got her token number and sat until she was called. “Shivya Krish,” and she went in. She stood in front of the mic and took a deep breath. She closed her eyes and started-

Munbae vaa en anbae vaa
Oona vaa uyirae vaa
Munbae va en anbae vaa
Poo poovai poopom vaa

As she started singing she successfully captured  everyone’s attention. They were so immersed in listening to her soulful singing. She expressed the emotions very well and impressed the judges. She opened her eyes as she finished singing, she felt satisfied with her singing as she saw the way judges were listening to her song. The judges and the audience stood up immediately when she ended the song and gave a standing ovation and cheered her. Shivya felt contended. “Where were you all these years?”, one judge asked her. Shivya just smiled widely. The judges looked at each other and pressed the green button that indicates that she was selected. Shivya jumped in happiness and clapped her hands. “Thank you,” that was all she could say. Her first step to achieve her dream.

~~~

Maaran stood up to relax his muscles from the typing work he did. He walked out of his cabin and stood in front of the windows that showed the whole city and started thinking-it was a usual thing for him, but what he was thinking today  was not the usual. His mind was thinking about Shivya. He couldn’t get her off his mind. He was about to leave when he saw Shivya getting on a bike with a boy. Maaran’s eyebrows furrowed. ‘’ Boyfriend?’’ he thought.

His chain of thoughts were broken by his phone. He answered the call and said “I will be there in five minutes.” Maaran had to meet a person regarding the business. He checked the time on his watch and was relaxed that he had time for the meeting to start.

He entered the crowded place.  He saw around and saw a banner that showed ‘The Idol’ and a long queue waiting to enter the hall. Maaran met the person and discussed the details. “Thank you Mr.Verma, it is my pleasure to work with you,” he said while shaking hands. He bid bye and called his driver to come to the entrance. He was waiting and that’s when he heard a soulful singing.

Munbae vaa en anbae vaa
Oona vaa uyirae vaa

As soon as the voice reached  his ears, his ears sharpened. He turned to the side where the music was coming. The voice for him, was like a magnet. It kept pulling him. He moved forward. It was like his body had a mind of it's own.As each step he took the voice became more clear and he began to enjoy it even more. It gave him a sense of comfort. He was about to enter the hall and that’s when someone tapped him. He turned to see Rishi. “Dei meeting innum 45 minutes la da.” Maaran looked at the time and cursed himself for forgetting about it. He rushed to his car and went back to his office.

~~~

Shivya after her auditions saw her watch and gasped as she only had  half an hour for the meeting to start. She hit her forehead and called Sathya.

“Dei fasta ottu da, antha sidumoonji kovam padda pogarara.”  Sathya replied “kavala paddatha.” Unfortunately there was a lot of traffic. Shivya was even more scared as she remembered Maaran saying that this meeting was very important and the fact that the pen drive for the presentation was with her, increased her fear. She checked her watch and she had fifteen minutes more for the meeting to start.

The third chapter!!!!
Please ignore typos or any errors
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨