Care-part 2

Rishi was worried. None of them were answering their phones. He has been calling Maaran ever since the meeting was over to inform him about it. Since he did not answer he tried Shivya, but her phone was switched off. He was becoming restless. He knew that, Maaran, unknowingly, had created a special place for Shivya yet he was scared because Maaran cannot be controlled when he is angry.

No one has been invited over to Maaran’s mansion. He stopped doing parties or  bringing in guests to his home. The thought that Shivya went unannounced made him restless. He could have denied but his heart said she will be able to get through Maaran- pull him from his past.  Right now he was becoming restless each passing minute as he started doubting his decision. The calls weren't answered and he is  worried about Shivya. Without wasting any more time he decided to go to Maaran’s mansion.

Rishi is the only person who is allowed without any invites. Maaran has even given him a spare key. Using that he unlocked the door and went in. He saw no one at the living room. He checked everywhere. The last and only place he had to check was Maraan’s room.  He went towards the door and carefully opened it and saw Maaran’s head laying on Shivya’s lap and sleeping. He slowly took steps and stood in front of the bed. Both were sleeping. Rishi took a closer look at Maraan.

He saw him sleeping peacefully without worries. He was really happy that Maaran had a good sleep without any nightmares. His eyebrows which always scrunches wasn't visible  or his mouth that always murmurs something is curved into a smile now. His face was relaxed and his breathing was normal. Rishi caressed his hair and a lone tear escaped his eye. He took a picture of them and went out not wanting to disturb their sleep.

Rishi’s phone rang which brought him from his thoughts. He answered the call, “Haan sollu machan. Eppadi irukka Pugazh?” Pugazh was very happy to talk to his friend after a long time, but at the moment he was worried about his sister who hasn’t returned. He called Maraan but the call went unanswered. Rishi was the next person in his mind and called him. “Dei papa enga da. Shivya innum veetukku varala. Romba late ayirichi. Office la thaanae irukka. Onnu problem ileye.” Rishi understood his worry. Infact he was also worried after all she was their small sister. Rishi didn’t want to hide anything from Pugazh. “Dei ne relax aagu. Ava inga than irukka.” Pugazh sighed a relief breath.

He wanted to tell about Maaran’s changes ever since their little sister’s entry in his life. He told him about everything and Pugazh listened to him keenly.

~~~

Pugazh was very happy for his friend who has been suffering for the last three years. He was overwhelmed by the fact that their lost Maaran is slowly coming back. At the same time he was proud of his sister. He knew that she tries to keep everyone around her happy but the fact that she is slowly recovering a person, that too his best friend, he was contented. He knew that Shivya had a soft corner for Maaran. Shivya has been talking a lot of Maaran- his caring nature ,his anger, his stubbornness. Pugazh has never seen his sister appreciate or talk about a boy this much. He obviously knew about her crush stories and she even mentioned to him about this new crush on his friend. But the way she talked and now what Rishi is saying he knows it’s not just a crush-something more. As a brother he wanted to know her feeling and wasn’t going to force just because Maaran is his friend. Yes he is his friend and he cares for his wellbeing but this involves his sister. Moreover he didn’t want to take a decision without knowing both their feelings as this is their life. Whatever it is he is happy with their decision.

~~~~

“Dei avan romba naalikhi approm nalla thoongaraan da. Pakave avalo santhoshama irukku. Naanum ivalo try pannitean. Doctors ,shifting places  ellam avan vendaan nu sollitaan. Mostly sleeping pills than,” Rishi said and then continued “Dei thappa nenichikaatha da. Shivya ellanthona naan vennuna drop pannata. Avalum thoongara.”  Pugazh  didn’t want to disturb his friend but at the same time his sister was there. Not that he doesn’t trust his friends, being the protective brother it tends to automatically happen because of the biased society. “Dei appadi ellam onnu illa da. Neengha avala nalla paathipeengha na theriyum. Athu Maaran recover aaguraan na , ennaku evalo happyy’a irruku theriyummah. But naan anga vaarean. Ava elunthirikka varaikkum naan irukkurean. Ennaka ongha mela trust illa na illa, it’s society.Most’a kaathuleiya vaangikka maatean, they are biased .But this is Shivya.” Rishi was happy and also understood the situation, “ Puriyaadha machan. Nee va. Location’ah Whats App pannurean.”