3. Boys are one weird creature

For a little context if you didn't read last chapter they moved to kentucky and she doesn't have a mattress right now so she's sleeping on the floor.

——————————————

When I woke up the next morning I heard someone fall down the stairs. I raced out of my bedroom to see Carlos face down on the stairs looking like a dork. "Carlos are you okay?" I was worried so I had to ask. "Yea doesn't worry about me Lani, I'm spectacular!" He said with fake amusement. I giggled as he said that and slowly walked into the kitchen.

"It's about time you woke up," Dad said as I stood at the kitchen island because the chairs were still in the bed of his truck. I decided to look up at the clock and saw that it was. I honestly wasn't shocked when it read 1:56 pm. I've always been known for sleeping in. I truly hated mornings.

Dad had handed me a cup of green tea because I don't like coffee that much. "Are you excited to start school in a couple of weeks?" He asked with a soft smile. "I guess. I'm glad I made a new friend though so it can be a little bit easier." I shrugged as he patted me on the back. "I'm sorry kiddo but hopefully this will be one of the last times we move. Look on the bright side, we might end up living here until you're 18, and if you like it and find some good friends you could stay here."

I nodded slightly and closed my eyes. In times like these, I miss my mom. It had been 8 years since I heard her beautiful laugh in person. That's way too long to go without hearing your favorite person laugh. Whenever we would move mom always made it feel 10 times better because she had a good spirit.

When I finished my tea I went to my car and started to unload some of my boxes that had clothes. I had 7 boxes just dedicated to clothes and 4 were in my car, 2 were in Carlos' and 1 was in Dad's. You could say I have a lot of clothes. Thankful I got the biggest closet because I sold my dresser so leaving clothes on the floor wouldn't be any help.

After about 2 and a half hours of putting away clothes, I was finally done. Dad yelled for me to come downstairs so I could help direct the movers to put my bed frame and mattress. It took another hour to just get all that set up. By the time I had everything done in my room besides decorations it was 8:28 pm and I was starving.

I just now realized that I haven't eaten anything all day. I decided that I would be a kind person and go buy me and the family some dinner. I didn't know what was around here so I drove around for about 10 minutes and spotted a McDonald's. I pulled into a parking square because I had to use the restroom. I quickly went pee and ordered. While ordering a group of boys busted through the doors hollering at one another and making weird jokes. Boys are one weird creature.

Once I paid I went and sat down at a small booth in the corner and started playing on my phone. After 5 minutes my name was called and I got up and put my phone back in my purse. I grabbed all 4 of the bags and 3 drinks with all my might but I knew I was gonna drop them. "Would it be okay if I carried them out on the tray then brought them back?" I asked the worker and she just nodded helping as she was helping a customer. Suddenly I heard a bunch of laughing from behind me and I slowly turned around.

The group of boys was all staring right at me as if I was the funniest thing they had ever seen. The only ones that weren't doing that were 3 or 4 boys in the back looking at me with concerned faces. I smiled and tried to pick up the tray with my shaky hands but it was no use. I was gonna drop everything. "Do you want some help?" A deep voice asked behind me. I turned around and came face to face with a muscular chest. "That would be wonderful, thank you," I said as I gave him 3 out of the 4 bags while I carried the other one with the 3 drinks.

As we approached my car I completely forgot to introduce myself. "Forgive my manners! I'm Leilani Hernandez!" I said with a big smile. That guy looked down at me with a small smile and said, "I'm Miles Bellings!" I could already tell he was a very energetic soul. "Well thank you so much for helping me take these out here!" I said as I placed the drinks on my passenger's seat and he placed the food on the floor.

"Yea it was no problem! I'm sorry if this is rude but, are you new to town? It's just I've never seen you around and I'm pretty sure I would remember a pretty face like yours." He smiled at me and I could feel myself blushing. "Yea I just moved here yesterday." "Oh, no way that's so cool! But don't worry about the rest of the guys. They just don't know how to act when a beautiful lady is around" he winked at me and I could feel my blush intensify.

"Not trying to judge but are you on the football team? Well, what I mean by that is you have a nice body." I blushed at what I realized I just said. "I won't say any comment because your cheeks might burst on fire but yea I am. That was a couple of the boys. The one I was sitting in the back with he's our captain, his name Zade and I advise you to stay away from him. He's pretty mean." He looked down while scratching the back of his neck. I looked past him and back into the building to see the boy who I assume is Zade staring right back at me with a scowl.

"He certainly doesn't look friendly so I'll stay away" I giggled and started walking around to my seat. "Well, it was nice meeting you. Hopefully, I'll see you around school!" Miles said as he walked back into the restaurant. I just sighed and got into my car. That Zade kid sure was a hottie. He is the hottest boy I've ever seen, but he probably has girls after him left and right so I would never have a chance.

I sigh again as I put my car into drive and finally drive back to my new house. While eating dinner Carlos tells us how he has an interview with a local business next week that pays pretty well. I used to try and get jobs but it just got too difficult with leaving so suddenly that I just stopped and started tutoring and babysitting to earn some extra cash.

After finishing dinner I walked back to my room and got ready for bed. After doing everything I finally crawled into bed and wanted to cry. I ended up crying all night and that's how I fell asleep. I hope these next few weeks before school starts aren't that hard.

—————————

Words: 1,233

Thanks for reading guys! This chapter was written on my phone because I'm at my dads so when I get home I will make sure to review it and make sure there's not that many mistakes. Also remember I upload randomly so I won't be posting two days in a row like I just did it's just whenever I feel like writing I'll put a chapter together. Also if there's some weird things in the last chapter I was high while writing it lmao so beware.

With all love

-MER