10. Goodnight Lani

Leilanis POV:

After Zade left last night I cleaned up our dishes and went back to my room and fell asleep. My pillows and blankets smell like him now. When I woke up I checked my phone and saw a text from dad and it said, "Hey my beautiful girl, Carlos and I won't be back until late thursday night. I'm so sorry! Love you!" I sighed at his text and texted him back saying it was okay.

I texted Caylie to see what she was doing today but she told me that she was hanging out with Derek, I guess today will be a day I spend with myself. I got ready and headed to my car. I got in and saw a little piece of paper in my window wipers. I looked around and saw no one outside so I decided to drive down the road because being a girl is scary and you never know when someones gonna pop out and take you.

I honestly hate being a girl. I drove about 2 minutes away and parked my car on the side of the road and got out. I picked up the piece of paper and started to unfold it. "I keep forgetting to give you my number so here it is- Zade" At the bottom of it there was a number.

I internally screamed and got back into the driver's seat. I put the number in my phone and texted it. "Hey, this is Leilani." I sent the text and started to put in the address to the place Zade took me to yesterday morning. It said it was gonna be a 15 minute drive so I put my phone down and started to go. I jammed out to some Finneas and Harry Styles.

Once I pulled in I saw Zades truck at the back of the diner and I was kind of confused. "Why would Zade be here right now?" I thought to myself. Well it is his life so I don't want to text him and ask him. Maybe he's here with another girl. I shook that thought from my head and got out of my car and made my way to the door. I walked in and immediately smelled the scones.

I got sat and started looking at the menu. After 10 minutes a server walked over to me and when I looked up I made eye contact with Zade. We were both shocked I'm guessing because his mouth was open a tiny bit. "Hi..." I said trying to make it less awkward than it was. "Lani, what are you doing here by yourself?" He asked as he sat down in the chair across from me.

"Well to start off my dad and Carlos aren't gonna be home until Thursday night so I'm gonna be by myself till then. But do you work here? And if so you shouldn't be sitting. You should be working and earning your money." I looked at him and saw a small smile on his face. "I'm sorry they're gonna be gone that long. Yes I work here, it's a family business so I have the hours I can work so I'm calling it my break right now. But now that I know you're gonna be alone today I'm coming over after my shift ends and I'm gonna take you somewhere."

He left no room for me to say no because he got up and walked away. Since it's a Sunday morning there's not a lot of people here, I'm guessing there at church. After he left I started looking at the menu again because I don't know what I want. 5 minutes later Zade came back with four plates full of food. There's no way I'm going to eat all that.

He set everything down and sat across from me again. I looked at him strangely and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "What? It's my lunch break." He grabbed a scone and started devouring it.

After I had a scone and some hash browns and Zade had 3 scones, 2 eggs, 5 sausages, and 3 plates of hash browns we were both ready to unbutton our pants. "How much do I need to pay for?" I asked as I grabbed my card from my wallet. Zade shot me a look but ignored it. I handed him my card but he reached over the table, grabbed my whole wallet and stuffed it back in there.

I rolled my eyes again and started to pick up the mess I made from shoving food into my face. Zade again reached over the table but this time he grabbed my hands and put them in my lap and he started to clean the table off. I sat there quietly watching him and felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I grabbed it out and looked at it and saw that Caylie texted me.