23. Zade Freaking De Luca

-SPICY WARNING-

Leilani's POV:

"Do you ever think of running away?" I asked Caylie while we sat in art. Zade wasn't in art today because he had to leave early to drive his mom to the airport. I wish she would have gotten like an uber or something so i wouldn't have to spend art alone but at least i have Caylie.

"Umm no. Do I need to be worried?" I laughed a little bit looking at her. "No, I just finished a book last night where the girl ran away and had a better life." I smiled at her. Even though she isn't showing in her pregnancy yet, she still looks so cute.

As her best friend I feel like I should have realized it but obviously I wouldn't have been able to know. She's already in her second trimester. That's insane. She's known since the middle of January. I don't know how she's kept it a secret from me.

"Cay, can I ask you a question?" She looked at me and nodded her head. "Were you guys trying for a baby? Or did it just like... happen?" She laughed because I knew she could tell the hesitation in my voice. Asking stuff like this makes me feel weird. I don't want to invade her personal space.

"Well we weren't really trying but we gave up on condoms and birth control. We had a discussion saying how we wanted kids early so yea." She looked down and kept going with her art assignment. "Oh, okay." I smiled at her before turning back to do my assignment as well.

After 45 minutes I finished my assignment and played on my phone for the rest of the period.

Z: hey.

L: Hi!

Z: i'm outside. let's go.

L: Zade there's 5 minutes left of class. Wait.

Z: no. Come on let's go

L: Zade, it's not up for discussion. There's only 4 minutes left now. I will hurry and come out after the bell rings.

Z: no. im coming in.

L: Mrs. Green is going to get mad at you for skipping class.

Z: sucks to suck ig.

Next thing I know the door to the class room opens and Zade waltzes in. "Now Mr. De Luca, where have you been?" Mrs. Green asks. I don't even know if she cares at this point. She was still staring at her book like she surely didn't. "Not here."

Zade had a small smirk on his lips while walking over to me and grabbing my back-pack before grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the classroom. Before I made it out of the door I turned in my assignment and said bye to Caylie.

"Why are you being so impatient?" I asked, still being dragged by him. "Because." He pulled me into him before attacking my lips with his. I heard someone clear their throat behind us and my heart stopped. Zade turned around and I peaked out from behind him. Mr. Perez was standing there looking at us with a stern look.

My heart has never been happier in my life. "Oh hell Mr. P, I thought you were Mr. Mancini." Zade said. Mr. Mancini was our principal. He HATED Zade. Zade did have a reputation of not always listening to Mr. Mancini though so I kind of get it. Well not really because Zade always listens to me.

Mr. P is our favorite teacher. He teaches PE which neither of us take but Zade took last year and they bonded I guess. "Well that's your own fault for not being in class." Mr. P said, looking at us with his arms crossed over one another. "The bells about to ring let it slide." Zade looked at him with a tiny smirk.

"Fine but run to your truck before I change my mind." Mr. P says as Zade grabs my hand and starts dragging me to his truck. He helped me get in before running to his side and jumping in.