4.I'm gonna call you Lani

At 6 in the freaking morning my stupid alarm goes off telling me I have to get up for school. Normally I would get up at like 6:30 but since I have no clue where school is I have a feeling I'm gonna get lost. I slowly peeled my comforter from my warm body and trudge to my bathroom. After brushing my teeth and doing my hair I made my way over to my closet to find a cute outfit for today. Gotta make a good first impression, am I right?

After putting on a pink blouse with light blue jeans and some black converse I made my way down stairs to eat some breakfast. Once I made it into the kitchen I pulled out the toaster with some bread, butter, and Nutella. It's literally my favorite food ever. I pulled out some milk so I could make some hot chocolate while I waited for my bread to finish toasting. After I got my stuff set up it was 6:32 and I needed to leave by 6:45 because school started at 7:30 and I knew I was gonna get lost.

After finishing my food I cleaned up my mess and walked up the stairs to say goodbye to dad and Carlos. I kissed them both on their foreheads then walked to my room and grabbed my backpack and headed outside to my car.

I put my school's address into my maps on my phone and pulled out of the driveway. I turned on Spotify of course and the first song that came on was Brooklyn Baby by Lana Del Ray. Gosh I love her so much. I blasted that song until it was over and the next song was Skinny Love by Bon Iver but I had to skip it because I wasn't in the mood to cry right before going to a new school. Well I was in the mood but I don't wanna ruin my makeup that consisted of blush, lip gloss and mascara.

At 7:15 I pulled into my school's parking lot after getting lost 3 times but at least I made it. It took me 5 minutes to calm myself down before stepping out of my car and walking into the school. I was supposed to be used to this, right? As I walk up to the doors I hear someone call my name and to be honest I was really startled. I flipped my whole body around to see who called my name. I looked around for 5 seconds then I saw Miles waving at me. I gave him a soft smile and waved back. Then I realized that most of the football team was around him and they were all looking at me.

I hurried and spun around and walked through the doors. After finding my locker I made my way to my first period class, English. To be fair I hate English with my heart so I wasn't really excited to be going. Since I'm a senior I don't have that many classes in a day but I did take some extra ones for college credit. So after English I have a free period, then a college math class, lunch, normal math, then I can go home but the next day I would only have normal math and not my extra college math class. But after this semester I won't have to do normal math.

After finding a seat in the back the bell rings and kids start piling into the classroom. After 5 minutes another bell rings and my teacher Mr. Barker started teaching. 15 minutes into the lesson I felt something hit the back of my head so I turned around and I don't know how I could have missed this but Caylie was sitting right behind me. I waved my hand and she giggled.

After Mr. Barker finished talking and he gave us some free time to do whatever we wanted so I spun around and started talking to Caylie. I told her how I met Miles and found out she was really close with the whole football team because of Derek and she absolutely loved Miles. "So have you seen any cuties?" she asked while winking at me. I giggled and nodded my head yes. She gasped and then said, "If you don't tell me I'll cut out your eyelids." I laughed softly and said, "Zade, he's the captain of the football team."

She looked at me in shock and almost screamed. "Y'all would be a perfect couple. Damn now I wish he wasn't an asshole to everyone so yall could actually date." she looked down with a small frown but then a huge grin appeared on her face. "After class we should meet up with Derek and Miles." I nodded my head in agreement and she kept talking about how me and Zade's babies would be beautiful.

After 10 minutes the bell finally rang and kids shot up out of their seats and out the door. Getting my stuff back into my bag I stand up straight and look for Caylie to see her already at the door looking happy. I follow her out the door and I'm assuming Derek and Miles are. I look at my feet the whole time so I don't trip but when she comes to a sudden stop. I looked up to see Derek, Miles, Zade and 2 other boys on the team.

I smiled at Miles and Derek and made eye contact with Zade but immediately looked away. I could hear him chuckle but I didn't dare look at him. "Hey everyone, I would like to introduce you all to my new best friend Leilani!" I looked back at everyone after Caylie introduced me and I gave them a small wave with a smile. I looked back at Zade and he was staring at me again but this time I didn't look away, I kept eye contact to see what he would do. After 10 seconds of staring at each other he smirked and slowly looked at Miles who was now talking to the group.

After listening to Miles talk about how we should all go over to his house. We all agreed so I texted dad and told him I wouldn't be home until like 8 tonight. "So Lani, I'm gonna call you Lani, why did you move here?" Derek asked and everyone looked eager to hear the answer. "Well my dads in the military so we move around a lot and we just so happened to move here." I said with a smile and looked around at everyone. 

"Well I'm glad he got stationed here or else I would have never been able to meet a girl quite as pretty as you." Miles said as he got up from his seat to put his arm around my shoulder. I looked out of the side of my eye to see Zade's body tense up as soon as Miles put his arms around me. I just shrugged it off because he might just be mad at someone else. After 15 minutes of talking about me the bell finally rang to go to my next class.

After college math I finally had lunch. Zade was in that class and he decided to sit right next to me so I could hardly concentrate on what our teacher Mrs. Perry was saying. Me and Zade walked into the cafeteria side by side but we still haven't said a word to each other. "Hi, sorry I haven't said anything but I think your name's really pretty." I blurted out. I slapped my hand over my mouth while he slowly chuckled. "I think your name's beautiful." He said quite enough so I could. I could feel a blush growing on my face as we found Miles and started walking to the table to eat.

After lunch I had my last period which was math and It surprisingly went fast. That class I had Miles, Derek, Caylie, and Zade in it so we all were talking for more than half of the lesson. The last bell finally rang and we all made our ways to our cars to drive to Miles house. I asked him for his address and he put it in my phone and he also put his number in there and I made my way to his house.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1408

Also PLEASE VOTE so it can help get the story out there better.

Go follow my tiktok to see new things about the story. It's y0ur_m0mm1. Thank you guys for reading. I know we haven't had a lot of Leilani and Zade action but wait till the next chapter.

With all love

-MER <3