6. Wanna tackle Hoco with me?

Next week is Homecoming week and I have accepted the fact that no one was going to ask me. Of course Miles said he would as a friend but I declined because I knew he wanted to ask this junior that's on the cheerleading team. "You know you could always ask someone." Caylie said as she flipped through my closet to find a sweater for her to wear to the football game tonight. "I would if I knew someone to ask." I replied as I put my mascara down on my vanity.

"I know someone you can ask." She said with a smirk. For the past month she has been bugging me to talk to Zade more. Which I have. We occasionally talk but it's normally nothing special. It's either, 'when's the assignment due?' or 'what time does this class end?' We never really talk about our personal lives. "I mean I could but it would just be awkward." I said as I turned around in my chair to face her.

"Sis I'll even help you make the poster!" She seemed more excited than I was. "You have to do a poster?" I asked because to be fair I've never been asked to a dance. "Oh my sweet Lani. What am I gonna do with you. But anyways let's make a trip to Walmart!" She says as she jumps off my bed and grabs her keys from my nightstand.

Once we finally made it to Walmart she jumped out of my car and started making her way to the store. "If you don't hurry up I will smack you." She said impatiently as I slowly got out of my car. "Girl calm down." I said as I finally got out of the car and locked it. We made our way into the store and to the craft section. Before we turned the corner we heard a voice say my name and Caylie stopped me.

"How do you know Leilani will even want to go with me?" It sounded like Zade said. Both of our mouths dropped to the floor and I let out a small gasp. She quickly covered my mouth and we continued to listen. "Dude, have you seen the way you guys look at each other. I know y'all barely talk but when we're not looking y'all are giving some extreme lovely eyes at each other." I felt my cheeks heating up and Caylie laughed a little. "Well I mean she is gorgeous but you really think she would like a jerk?" Zade said as I heard a poster flopping.

It didn't register to me that Caylie was telling me to move when we started hearing footsteps so I stood still and tried to listen some more. In all honesty I was shocked that he even thought I was pretty. I do see the small looks he gives me but I've never thought anything of it. After 5 seconds of being in thought a large body crashed into mine causing me to fly to the floor. Before I hit the floor a hand caught mine and pulled me into their chest. "I'm guessing you heard our conversation?" Zade said. When he talked I felt butterflies pool in my stomach.

"We actually didn't hear anything but would you like to inform us." Caylie said as she pulled me out of his grasp and brought me to her side. "Oh well it was nothing much, Zade just wants to ask Leilani to Homeco..." Miles gets cut off as soon as he get a rough elbow to the stomach. I immediately scrunch my nose just sensing the pain he's feeling. Zade looks at me as if he's trying to say sorry for hitting me but he really hit Miles. "What are you guys doing here?" Miles said trying to regain his breathing.

"Just buying some decorations for Lani's room. It's very boring, y'all should come over and see it once I'm finished decorating it." Caylie says as she claps her hands. Well now that we know he's asking me I guess we don't have to make a poster and now we're shopping for my room. "We'll better get going. We have a game tonight." Miles said as he walked towards me to give me a hug. Zade grabbed the hood of his hoodie and yanked him out of the isle. We both laughed at them and made out way out of the isle also.

"So we don't have to make a poster now?" I prayed that we didn't. "Girl this is so sad you know nothing about dances. Once someone asks a person the person being asked responds with a poster or something saying they will go with them." She shakes her had as we finally turn the corner to the craft section and find the things we need. "I have this really cute idea. Your posters' gonna say, 'I'm in to go to Hoco with you' and we'll get some in and it will be so cute!" She says as she picks out the poster and paint markers.

After getting the stuff for the poster we make out way over to the home decor section. I normally don't have a bunch of decorations on my walls because of all the moving we do but Caylie forced me to get some because she convinced me that we won't be moving again. "I think some vintage records would look gorgeous on one of the walls." I said and she gasped loudly. "I was thinking the same thing but I never thought I would hear that come out of your mouth." I giggled and we finally picked out some records, a new bedspread, pillows, and a nightstand.

Luckily dad gave me some money to buy decorations last week but i just haven't gotten to it. After paying for everything we finally made it back to my car. Driving home there was a little bit of rain but I bit my tongue and drove us home. Once we got back to the house we got ready for the game and the theme was white out so we both had white shirts on with lighter jeans and white face paint. I know what you're thinking, very basic but it made Caylie smile a lot when I put it on.

Caylie drove us to the game because the roads were a little wet and I just told her I was a little tired. She asked if I wanted to stop for coffee but I told her how I didn't like it. The rest of the way there I got a lecture on how coffee is good for the soul and that I probably also hate puppy's. I yelled at her for that because I could NEVER hate them, they are too cute for that.

We finally made it to the game and walked to the student section. I didn't know anyone there besides Caylie because all the boys were down on the field. "Zade's number 23 if you were wondering." Caylie looked at me and winked. I giggled a little bit and immediately looked for him. Once I found him he was already staring at me. I gave him a small wave and he just nodded his head. After Caylie said hi to all her friends the game had already started and had 7 minutes left into the first quarter thing. To be honest I have no clue how football works

I cheered for Zade as he made his 3rd touchdown that night and Caylie just kept on smirking at me. At halftime we were sitting down resting our legs when Miles came running out onto the field. He looked at someone on the field with him then looked at the student section and pointed to us. We were sitting in the very front because i'm literally the shortest person on the earth. Caylie giggled next to me and I looked at her suspiciously. I looked back at the field to see Zade standing right in front of me with a sign that said, "Wanna tackle Hoco with me?" And he held a small football.

I jumped up and said "of course I would go with you." I hugged him and surprisingly it wasn't awkward. He hugged me back and I felt him hand the things over to Caylie. The whole crowd was screaming and hollering. I slowly moved away from Zade and looked at everyone. They were all staring and some even were recording. "Did you know I was gonna ask you?" He said as everyone started to quite down. "I had a hunch after hearing your conversation with Miles in the store today." I said with a small giggle. "I knew you were listening. Well I gotta go before the coach yells at us." Zade said as he tucked a peice of hair behind my ear. "Bye." I said as I finally unwrapped my hands from his back. "Bye." He said as he made his way off the bleachers.

"Oh my fucking god! He did not just do that! That's the first time he's ever asked a girl to a dance!" Caylie screamed as she shook with excitement. To be quit frank I was freaking out. I've only known him for like a month and he asked me to a dance. He's known all of these gorgeous girls for years but he asked me. I sat back down and tried to reclaim my thoughts. The Zade De Luca asked me to Homecoming.
—————————————————
Words: 1,588

Thank you all for 1k reads! I literally almost cried I was that excited. I'm so sorry for no updates this last week. I had a bunch of family problems and I didn't want my emotions to effect how I was writing. Remember that you all mean so much to me. Thank you and please remember to vote!

With all love
-MER