9. Warm and comforting

Leilani's POV:

I started getting ready by taking a 15 minute shower to wash my hair. When I got out I walked over to my closet to pick out a cute outfit. To be honest I was freaking out on the inside. Why does he wanna hangout alone? I don't even know what we're doing and I don't know what I should wear. I'll just wear something casual. But what if he wants to go out? I can always change later. I picked out a white tank top and a blue nice fitting hoodie. I also got a pair of black ripped jeans and black socks. After picking everything out I made my way back into my bathroom to dry my hair, do it, then do light make up and pick up my room a little bit.

I put my hair in a loose bun at the back of my head and only put mascara and a tiny bit of eyeshadow on. Once finishing all of that I made my way to my scary room. Mom used to always yell at me for having a messy room but I hate cleaning it. I'll clean anything else besides my room. I picked up all the clothes that were on the floor and threw them all into my hamper even if they weren't dirty. I don't care enough to sort through them.

I finished cleaning around 5:45 which left 15 minutes until he gets here. What are we gonna do? We watched a bunch of movies last night. Oh my gosh we should look at dresses for homecoming. But do guys like doing that. Probably not. I'll just ask him what he wants to do. At exactly 6:00 my doorbell rang and I made my way downstairs. I opened the door to see Zade standing in front of me with a bag from Walmart and a backpack on his back. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt with black jeans. I'm guessing black is his favorite color.

"Hi Zade." I said as I opened the door wider so he could walk in. "Hey Lani." He replied as he was about to take his backpack off and set it on the floor. "We can go put that in my room if you want." I said before he could set it down. He looked at me and smirked. "That would be great." He followed me up the stairs and into the hall before my room. My room is the very last door on the right. We walked in and to say I was happy with my room was an understatement. Caylie decorated it so cutely.

I just realized that there's a boy in my room. I've never had a boy let alone a hot one in my room. "You can leave all your stuff in here." I said as I stood at the door. He looked around for a little bit then finally decided to put his backpack on the chair of my desk. He slipped his shoes off and turned back to me. "Well I hope you don't mind but I brought some more snacks lol." He said as he lifted up the Walmart bag. I giggled a little bit remembering all the snacks we bought last night.

"I hope this doesn't sound mean but why did you want to hang out, just us two?" I questioned him. "Well since I'm taking you to homecoming I wanted to get to know you better and if the whole group was here it would have been hard to try and get some alone time." I giggle a little bit because I know the group would be too crazy to try and talk to just Zade. "Wanna go back down stairs or do you wanna hangout here?" He asked me. "We can hangout here if you're okay with that." I said back to him and shut my door. I grabbed my remote off of my nightstand and sat on my bed.

Zade stood awkwardly by the edge of my bed and I patted the spot next to me so he knew he could sit down. I had my back resting against the wall but it got too uncomfortable so I grabbed a pillow for me and one for him because I felt like his back would too. He sat right next to me and handed me the bag. He had bought 2 fruit punch Jarrito Mexican sodas. I don't know how he knew but these are my favorites. He also bought talkis, nerd ropes, Mike and Ike's, and lays original chips.

All of those were my favorite. "I might have asked around what your favorite type of candy, chips, and soda are." He said and I let out a small laugh. He looked at me when I laughed and gave me a soft smile. It made my heart instantly melt. I don't know why he thinks he's so mean. In all reality he's a sweet person. "What do you wanna watch?" I asked him as I turned on my tv and clicked netflix. "Have you heard of criminal minds?" He asked. My heart stopped. No freaking why he likes criminal minds. "Of course! It's my favorite show!" I said kinda freaking out. He let out a small chuckle and said that we should watch it. I of course agreed and turned it on.