20. Atlas

Leilani wake up! It's Christmas!" Miles screams in my ear. I sit up confused because all of my friends are in my room. "When did you guys get here? And how did you get in?" I asked them still confused because both Dad and Carlos are gone. I know sad that there both gone on Christmas but it's okay I guess. My eyes opened wider because I remembered what I was wearing. I shirt and underwear. I looked down but thankfully my blankets were over my legs.

"Okay so get up we have a surprise for you down stairs." Miles said with a smile on his face. I let out a awkward laugh then said, "you guys head downstairs I'll meet you down there when im ready." They all went on there merry way besides Zade. He looked at me then walked into my closet. I was confused for a second until he came out with Christmas pajama pants. "Maybe you should start sleeping with pants." Zade said with a smirk before leaving my room and joining the others.

I grabbed the pants from the edge of my bed and slipped them on and made my way downstairs. "Thanks for joining us." Caylie says while standing behind a wall made out of presents. "No." I deadpanned and tried walking back up my stairs but Zade caught my wrist and pulled me back to them. "I told you guys no presents."

"You said that before you told us your family wasn't gonna be here so I don't care. We got presents." Zade said, looking down at the hand that slid down to mine. "It's okay if you didn't get us any." Caylie said with a smile that warmed my heart. "I kinda did." I shrugged as I went up to my room and brought down four gifts.

"Really Lani?" Miles said laughing as I handed out presents to everyone. I sat down and they all handed out theirs and we all opened them up one at a time. Miles being Miles he had to open his first which no one complained about because we all saw it coming. Miles was very happy with what he got.

Zade got him a pink football with diamonds on it. Caylie got him a new hoodie from Zumiez. Derek got him a $50 McDonald's gift card. And I got him new football cleats that he's been wanting. Caylie went next and was also pleased with what she got.

Everyone had opened their presents besides me and everyone was looking at me waiting for me to open mine. Caylie got me Tyler, The Creators vinyl record Call Me If You Get Lost. I'm so excited to listen to it on vinyl. Miles got me Nike socks because that's all I have been talking about for the past few weeks.

Derek got me new rings because I left mine on the bleachers one night after a football game. And then there's Zade. He left for 20 minutes after I finished opening everyone elses and said he was going to go get something. Zade walked back into my house with a giant box that didn't have any wrapping paper on it.

"Here." He set the box on my lap and I immediately opened it and to my shock little eyes were staring at me. "Zade stop it." I pulled out the cutest golden retriever I have ever seen. Everyone shot up from their chairs and gathered around me.

"I know how your brother and dad are hardly around because of work related things so I decided to get you a friend that you can have when I'm not available either." Zade said as he kissed my cheek and stepped away from me so my friends can see the puppy.

"It's so cute!" Miles squealed. "What are you gonna name it?" Caylie asked. "Does it already have a name?" I looked at Zade and he said, "It's Cooper but you can change his name because he doesn't even listen to you telling him to stop chewing on your shoes." I laughed and gave the puppy a good look. "I'm gonna name him Atlas."

"Like the dictionary/book thing?" Derek asked, confused about the name. "Well it's from a book but not from the Atlas Dictionary." I laughed handing Atlas to Caylie so she can look at him. I stood up and looked at Zade. "Can I talk to you in my room real quick?" I asked him and Miles' face shot up and he started smirking.

"Get your head out of the gutter Miles." Caylie slapped him before handing Atlas off to Derek. I laughed before grabbing Zade's hand and dragging him upstairs. I pushed him into my room and shut the door behind me. I turned around to him and jumped on him before kissing him.

Zade immediately started kissing me back. Still kissing Zade started moving to sit on the edge of my bed. Once he sat down I pulled away from the kiss to catch my breath for a second before saying, "thank you for giving me the best Christmas present I could have asked for."

"I would get you anything and do anything for you. I love you so much, Leilani." With that we were making out again. Instead of having my legs wrapped around him I moved myself so either leg was next to his thighs. I sat back down and felt something poke my thigh before I shot back up and looked at him.

"Sorry" he tried to move me off him but I grabbed his shoulders. "It's okay." I said as I scooted back a little bit but still sat on his thighs closer to his knees. "At one point we have to do something besides kiss." I said and he looked shocked. "Lani we don't have to if you're not ready." He said, grabbing and holding my face.

"I'm definitely not ready for some-things but working my way up will get me there some day." I smiled but he still didn't look too sure. "We can start slow but not today. It's Christmas." He laughed and flipped us around so he was on top of me. He kissed me then helped me up, off of the bed.

"That didn't take y'all long." Derek said as he winked at Zade before receiving a slap to the back of the head by Caylie. "Is he potty trained?" Caylie asked while handing Atlas back to me. "Yea that's the only thing this dog has going for him besides his baby blue eyes and his fur." Zade said while taking him from my arms.

"Sorry to ruin everyone's party but I think you should all go." Zade said while smiling. He never smiles like that unless it's in front of me and only me. "Yea sorry guys fun's over." I smiled at them and helped them clean up there gifts and they were out the door.

Zade and I spent the rest of the morning trying to train Atlas but he was kind of a lost cause in the moment. Around 3 we went over to his house and ate dinner with his mom and Bella. Bella was very excited over Atlas but he keeps trying to drag her. It was funny for us but not her.

———————————————

Sorry for the short chapter. Felt like I needed to get something out to you guys. Life's kind of hard right now but I need to push through. I love you all. Hug your moms tight for me.

Word count: 1,222

With all love
-MER