11. Girlfriend

It's Wednesday and to say I'm stressed would be an understatement. Yesterday I replied to Zade for the dance with Caylie and let's just say it didn't go as planned. When we got there Miles told us he had him occupied up stairs which was a lie. Zade was outside playing football with him.

I just ended up walking towards him with the sign that said "I'm n' to going to Hoco with you." and with a burger and fries from in n' out. He took everything from my hands and set them on the ground then hugged me. On the way home from his house Caylie wouldn't stop bugging me. "You guys are going to be so cute together I can already tell."

she said but shortly after I hit her arm pretty hard. Well now I'm sitting in math class waiting for the last bell to ring. Caylie and I are going dress shopping today. Dad gave me 400 dollars for a dress and I almost fainted. That's just for a High school dance dress, that's ridiculous. I tried to reason with him to only give me 200 but he said that wouldn't even cover a skirt.

Finally the bell rings and everyone shoots up from their seats. I make my way out to my car and see Caylie already standing at the passenger's side door. Once I unlock it she hops in and starts connecting her phone to my radio. I finally get into the car and start it. "What color of dress do you think I should get?" I asked her while she typed in the address for the dress shop her mom recommended us go to.

"I think red would look stunning on you. With your tan legs and arms OOO. You'd look gorgeous." She says as she fakes like she's shivering. "And with a slit on the leg oh my god you'd look like a goddess." I giggled when she said that and started to back out of the parking lot. After 15 minutes of listening to The Weekend I pull into a parking lot that is in front of a small store. We both get out and make our way to the front door.

"Hello ladies, are we both looking for a dress or just one of us?" A lady asks as soon as we step foot in the store. "Yes, we are both looking for a dress." Caylies says as the lady starts walking over to some beautiful dresses. "What colors are we thinking?" She says as she scans both of us with her eyes. "I'm looking for a dark blue one and she's looking for a red one with a slit in the bottom." Caylie says and of course she has to mention a slit in it.

"I know a beautiful red one that would look amazing on you sweetie." She says as she walks away from us into a room. Caylie has a small smirk on her face as she starts looking through the rack of dresses. "Okay darling go try this on and tell me what you think." The lady comes back with a dress and hands it to me and points to the dressing rooms.

I thank her and make my way over to them and close the door. I pull out my phone and think of texting Zade on what color of dress I should get. I decided not to because I want to surprise him. Wait though, I'm gonna have to tell him what color of tie to get.

Leilani: "Hey I just want to let you know I'm getting a red dress so you need to get a red tie if that's okay."

Zade: "I'll get whatever I need to get if that means I'll match with you."

My heart almost jumped out of my body when I read his text. I texted back and told him that I'm excited for this weekend then put my phone down so I could get changed. After 3 minutes of being very careful I finally got the dress on but I just needed help zipping it up.

When I walked out of the room Caylies jaw dropped and I started to blush. "You look so fucking hot girl." I was ready to smack her for swearing but pushed past it because she complimented me. "Thank you. Do you think Zade will like it?" I asked. "Of course he will. You look smoking hot. If I was gay or a guy I would jump your bones right here right now." I laughed at her words and went back to get changed.

I got back into my clothes and grabbed the dress and started looking for the price tag. When I found it it said the dress was $345. I'm so thankful for dad and him giving me $400. After I left the dressing room Caylie went in and tried her dress on. She wouldn't let me see it because she wants it to be a surprise for everyone but she said it fits like a glove. We both paid and headed back to the school since her car is there. I dropped her off at her car and drove home.

When I got home it was 6:45 and I really was in the mood for a relaxing bubble bath. Once I got in I was ready to fall asleep but I didn't because I didn't want to drown. I turned off the lights and lit two candles before I got in so I could still see the book I was going to read. I stayed in my bath for 45 minutes, well until the water got uncomfortably cold.

I got out and dried myself off and changed into warm sweatpants and just a sports bra because I know I'll get super hot tonight because my fan stopped working and dad and Carlos left this morning for some work thing after he gave me my money. I turned off my bathroom light and walked out of it into my room. I turned on my light and turned to face my bed. I screamed when I saw someone sitting on my bed and they hurried and jumped up.

I relaxed when I saw it was Zade. "Holy mother of gosh Zade, you scared the crap out of me. What are you doing here?" I asked him as I put my hand over my heart. "Well I was talking with Miles and he said something about how your dad and brother left today and won't be back until Monday. I decided that I would come spend the night with you." He said as he shrugged looking at me with a small smile.

"Okay but how did you get in?" "Well I was gonna knock on the door but then I was like they might have a key hidden somewhere and boom, you had one under a flower pot." I giggled at him because he sounded like it was obvious that we hide one. His smile grew a tiny bit at my action but I didn't think anything of it. "I also have a very important question for you." I nod my head for him to go on as I sit beside him on my bed.

"I was wondering if- we'll you don't have to tell me right now or if you're not ready but I was wondering if you want to be my girlfriend." He said the last part in a whisper and I could barely hear it but I still did.

My whole world stopped and even my breath did. Was he being serious? Does he actually like me? "Are you being serious? Like you're not joking with me right?" I asked because I don't want to embarrass myself. "Of course I'm not joking." He said as he put his hand on my thigh. "Well then yes. Yes I'll be your girlfriend!" I said as I pulled him into a hug.

We sat hugging each other for what felt like hours and when we finally pulled back he looked into my eyes and kissed. I didn't move for a second but then I brought my hand up to his face. I've never kissed anyone so I just followed what he did. We kissed for about 2 minutes before I pulled back for air. He rested his forehead on mine and I did the same.

We were both out of breath and smiling like crazy. "I'm so glad you said yes." He said as he sat up straight and looked into my eyes. "I'm glad I said yes too. But to warn you I've never had a boyfriend so please help me with this. I don't know what to do. To be truthful, that was my real first kiss. Well actually when you kissed me the other night was."

I started to ramble and he brought me back by letting out a laugh. He grabbed my whole body and laid us both down. He got up and turned off my light and laid back down and turned on my tv. We watched for 3 hours while he held me and I eventually fell asleep in his arms.

Zade's POV:

She said yes. She's my girlfriend now. This beautiful angel that's sleeping next to me is finally mine. I was going to wait until the dance to ask her but when Miles told me her dad and brother were gone I knew I had to come over and see her. I've never asked a girl to be my girlfriend.

It's always them asking me but normally I reject them . I've had 2 other girlfriends but they really meant nothing to me because after dating them for like a month they both ended up cheating on me. I know she won't cheat on me. She is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met and I'm excited to see where this relationship goes. I finally fell asleep at 12:37.

At 3:45 she started crying in her sleep. I immediately woke up and tried to wake her up but she was out cold. She started talking and saying, "please mom come back. Please don't be dead. I need you mommy please don't be gone." I gently grabbed her and held her close to my chest and she started to relax. I'm guessing her mom passed away because she hasn't mentioned her once and normally she doesn't cry in front of me. I eventually fell back asleep with her on my chest and me holding her tight.

———————————————

Word count- 1,766

Thank you all for reading. In the next chapter I'll show you guys the girls dress. Buttt THEIR DATING. I wanted to wait for him to ask her at the dance but felt right to do it now. Please remember to vote and comment! I love you all so much!

With all love
                    -MER