18. Mom

Zade's POV:

"Get off of me Zade." I hear her voice screaming in my ear. I slowly roll off her looking at the clock to see it's only 4 in the morning. "Why are you awake?" I asked her because she never wakes up at this time. "You've been laying on me all night and I have to pee." She says walking over to the bathroom. I stare at her ass while she walks because it moves just the right amount. I promise I'm not creepy.

After 5 minutes of her being in there I yell to her but no response. I get off of the bed and throw a sweatshirt on because it's freezing outside of the bed. I knock on the door and again no answer so I slowly push the door open to see her asleep on the floor. I laughed to myself before scooping her up into my arms and walking her back to the bed. I laid her down and pulled my hoodie back off before climbing on the bed with her again. I kissed her head and slowly fell back asleep.

"Zade, wake up!!!" I hear Lani scream and I jump out of bed. "What's wrong?" I look around the room to see her smiling in the doorway. "Nothing, I'm just hungry." I looked at the time to see that it's 1:22 in the afternoon. "Did I sleep all day?" I asked while putting the sweatshirt from last night back on. "Mhmmmm." She said. She started walking into the room and stopped right in front of me. I bent down and kissed her incredibly soft lips.

"I love kissing you." I said into her ear, I could feel goosebumps rise on her neck. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I stood up straight pulling her from the ground. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I walked us down stairs. "What do you want to eat?" I asked her, setting her down on the couch, while I pulled out my phone to make a delivery. "Pizza!' She said and I dialed my favorite place.

The doorbell rang  at  2:15 and Lani jumped up, grabbed her wallet and bolted to the door. I rolled my eyes and just watched her pay for the food. I looked down at my phone for a second until I heard the door close. I looked back up and saw her standing here with 2 large pizzas and 3 things of breadsticks. I smiled as she walked over and she placed the food down on the coffee table.

"This is the best pizza I have ever had." Lani moans as she takes another bite of her slice. I let out a small laugh and looked at her. She had some pizza sauce on her cheek so I scooted over towards her and grabbed a napkin and slowly whipped it along her cheek to get the sauce. Her face grew red like it does anytime I touch her. I love the effect I have on her.

Leilani's POV:

My face grew red as he got the sauce I didn't know was on my cheek. "Thank you." I put the piece I was eating down and picked up a breadstick. "How do you know all these great places in New York?" I asked him and his face grew a sad smile. I regret asking. "I used to live here."

It was a short and simple answer, but that was okay. Zade hasn't told me about his dad but I haven't told him about mom. "New York is a beautiful place. We should move here." He smiled at me and grabbed me and pulled me into him. "We?" I smiled back and said.

"Of course we. I love you Zade. At this point I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know we've only known each other for a short while but YOU are the love of my life." He kissed my lips hard before moving me away and running into the bedroom. 'Did I scare him?' I thought but 2 seconds later he ran out of the room.

"I wanted to do this tomorrow because I have a nice dinner planned but right now will do." Zade got down on one knee and my heart dropped. Dads going to kill him if he is proposing. "I know this looks like I'm proposing but I'm not... yet at least." I laughed a little bit.

He opened the box and a stunning diamond ring was looking back at me. "Leilani I promise to always love you and that I will be there for you in the good times and the bad. You are the only thing I see in my future. When I wake up I think of you. When I fall asleep I think of you. When I'm with you I think of you. I am so glad your dad's work made you move out into Kentucky. You are the best thing to happen to me. Please accept this promise ring."