19. PDA

Pain, all I felt was pain. I opened my eyes to see Zade staring at me. "How are you?" He asked and I just nodded okay. I turned away from him to collect myself before getting up from the bed and going to the bathroom. It's been years since I've had a nightmare. Why last night? Why when I was on vacation with Zade? It could have happened any other night.

I close my eyes and look at myself in the mirror. My eyes are bloodshot and I'm still shaking. 'Please god let the rest of the trip be a dream.' I silently prayed to myself. I turned the shower on burning hot and stepped out of my clothes. I've always liked burning showers after nights like those. They wipe away the memories.

One I got out of the shower I saw a fresh pair of clothes laying on the counter with some cold water that had been filled up by Zade. I smiled and got dried off and got dressed. 'I love you Zade' I said in my head and I finished putting my shirt on. For the rest of the day Zade and I sat watching movies and played board games. It was a nice day.

-6 days later-

And just like that our trip was over and we were back in the real world, well kind of we still have like 2 weeks left of Christmas break. Zade and I got back yesterday and I haven't seen Dad or Caylie yet. Dad is out for work for the next week but I did spend today with Carlos. But tonight he is leaving and Caylie, Zade, Miles, and Derek are coming over.

I missed my friends so much. Especially Caylie. I obviously texted her everyday but it's just not the same. "Are you excited to see your friends?" Carlos asked as he handed me a strawberry banana smoothie he just made. "I'm so excited. I missed them all so much. Do you ever think about Easton or talk to him anymore?" I asked Carlos thinking about his best friend from Seattle.

"Yea I actually texted him yesterday but he hasn't answered. He'll answer eventually." He shrugged as he walked up the stairs and to his room. I miss Easton sometimes but he's probably got a new best friend that has a awesome little sister. ''maybe I should text him. Maybe I could convince him to fly out.' I thought to myself but knew the possibility would be low.

After like 30 minutes carlos left to where ever he was going so I texted in our friend group chat that everyone can come over. I might have forgot to mention the promise ring Zade gave me so I could see there reactions in person. Of course Caylie was the first to text back saying her and Derek were on the way.

I hear my front door burst open which could only mean they are here. I stand up from the. Couch to see Caylie walking in with Miles and the rest of the boys behind them. I giggled but ran up to them to hug then. "I've missed you so much!!" Caylie screamed right into my ear. I let out a scream also while we hugged.

After a good minute we let go and Miles grabbed me and scooped me into a hug. I giggled into his chest but was eventually pulled away from him into someone else's chest. I looked up and was surprised to see Derek. Me and Derek hardly talk but we are pretty close. If it wasn't for him I would be failing math class.

Not even 10 seconds later I'm yanked out of his arms to another persons and I know who it is just by the scent. "Hi Zade." I said snuggling a little closer into him. Last night was the first night in like a two weeks that I haven't slept next to him and it was kind of lonely. Once he heard me talk his hole got tighter. "Okay enough PDA, you two saw each other everyday for the past week." Miles said letting out a sigh

I giggled as I unwrapped Zade's arms from around my body. "Hi guys." I blushed feeling embarrassed by Zade. "Okay let's just sit down." I said laughing still. Of course Zade made me sit right next to him while miles was on the other side of the couch and Caylie and Derek on a love seat. "Sooo how was New York?" Caylie asked leaning forward on her seat.

"It was so fun! I've never been to New York so obviously the tall man showed me around but then I became the beach of the city." I giggled at my own words while everyone else let out a small laugh. I put my hand on Zade's eye and Caylies eyes got attracted to it and saw my ring. Zade bent down and whispered in my ear, "hear we go." I let out a giggle before Caylie let out w shrek.

"Umm miss girl what is that rock on your fucking FINGER??!!!?" I giggled as she jumped up and raced towards me and grabbed my hand. "Zade would you like to explain the ring on my best friends finger?" Caylie said holding up my hand. He shrugged before saying. "It's a promise ring. We promised to love each other and some other stuff."

I laughed at his explanation. "Oh good lord I thought you guys were engaged." I laughed again before saying. "Nope not yet. We're only in high school and I want to wait till after high school and I definitely wouldn't want to be proposed to in a cabin. Nothing against cabins tho. I would just want family to be around." Zade was looking at me while I talked and look like he was taking mental notes which kind of worried me but I know he will respect my decision to wait until after high school.

"Let me see the rock." Miles said also grabbing my hand. "Good lord Zade you picked a good one. Im so proud of you." Miles grabbed Zade's cheeks and squished them together until Zade grabbed his wrists and shoved him back. I hit Zade's chest because there was no need for that. Zade let out a huff but just pulled me right into him. We sat around for the next hour and a half talking and laughing until we all got hungry.

Zade called a Chinese place 20 minutes ago and the door bell just rang. Miles stood up and grabbed his wallet but before he could take a step Zade had shoved him again. I laughed as Miles fell dramatically onto the couch. Zade paid for the food and brought it back into the living room. He set it down on the coffee table he helped me pick out 2 months ago. As soon as the bag was on the table we dug in.

We ate until we felt like our pants were gonna pop off because it was the best Chinese food we've ever had. "Are you guys staying here tonight?" I asked them already knowing Zade's answer. They looked around at each other and nodded there heads yes. "Do i need to grab you guys some
Clothes or are you comfortable in what you are wearing?" I asked because they all had sweats on. "No we're okay in our clothes. Thanks tho." Derek said speaking for the boys.

We all headed up to my room to get ready for bed. In my room I have a mattress that pulls out from underneath my bed that the would sleep on when the sleepover. Poor Miles has to sleep on the floor with blankets because there's not enough room on the extra bed for him. He once tried to also sleep in my bed because mines a king size but Zade shut that down real quick.

"Zade I think you should sleep on the floor and let me cuddle Lani." Miles pushed Zade but of course Zade didn't even pay attention to him. Miles rolled his eyes and started taking blankets from my closet and putting them on my floor. "Leilani have I told you how much I love your room? I killed it with the décor." I laughed at Caylies comment. "Yea you mention it everytime you come over." Everyone laughed and I got up to turn the light off.

"Have you guys ever thought what it would be like if Lani never moved here?" Miles said causing the room to go silent. "I have. But I don't like to even dwell on it because I'm here in the flesh living life with my best friends." I said as I finally made it back to my bed while trying not to step on anyone. "We love you Lani." Caylie said softly. "I love you guys to." I said to all of them cuddling into Zade's warm body. It didn't take any of us long until we were all passed out.

—————————————————

word count- 1,514

I'm currently sleeping on the airport floor waiting to go home. I'm sorry for not uploading in so long the past couple months has been stressful but i should start posting more again soon. Ive even started on the next chapter! I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long and thank you if you are still willing to read my book even though im not consistent on posting. remember you are loved so much!

with all love
                -MER