14. Mia bella

I am woken up to my door bursting open. I sit up straight and look at it. "Hey girly!" Caylie says as she walks into my room and lays down next to me. I look at my phone and see that it's only 7 in the morning. Good gosh why is she here so early. I groan and lay back down next to her. "Why are you here so early?" I asked her, almost ready to fall back asleep.

"I don't even know girl. I woke up and decided to come over here. Well I'm going back to bed, night." She said as she rolled to her side. I rolled my eyes and fell back asleep as well. At 10:50 I wake up again to someone shaking me awake. "What?" I said as I made eye contact with Caylie. "Did you forget that we're going to play laser tag with the boys as our day date?"

Caylie said as she pulled on a sweatshirt. I looked at her fully and realized that girl was already dressed. "We have to be there in 30 minutes so get up. Also the place is 15 minutes away so you only have 15 to get ready!" She said as she plopped down next to me. I jumped up out of bed and made my way to my closet.

I picked out light blue jeans, with a white tank top and a green cardigan. 'Why did she only give me 15 minutes to get ready?' I asked myself. I hurried and brushed my teeth and brushed my stupidly long hair and put it in a low bun that I feel like I do every single day.

I put on mascara and curl my eyelashes and by the time I'm done Caylie is rushing for me to put my shoes on. I grab my black high-top converse with some socks and rush downstairs and out the door to Caylies' car. I slipped my shoes on and tied them and was finally ready. "You excited to see your boo thang?" Caylie asked, turning out of my neighborhood.

I smiled and nodded my head yes. It's still weird to me that Zade and I are dating. After a 20 minute drive we were finally there. 5 minutes late because we got lost but it's okay. Zade, Derek, and Miles with a random girl, assuming it's his date, we're all standing by Zade's truck as we pull up and park next to it. Before I was able to even unbuckle my seatbelt my door was flung open. I thought it was Miles but when I looked up I saw Zade looking back down at me.

I unbuckled my seat belt and got out and shut the door. Zade pulled me into a hug and said into my ear quietly, "I missed you." My cheeks surely gained color with those 3 words. "I missed you too." I said as I pulled my head back so I could look at him. He looked back at me with a soft smile on his lips.

I took the opportunity to stand on my tippy toes and give him a gentle kiss. He immediately returned the kiss and we separated. I turned to look at everyone but they were already inside. I let out a laugh and grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. "Look who finally decided to join us." Miles said as Zade held the door open for me. I thanked him quietly and walked to Caylie to ask how much I need to give her to pay for myself. "Oh umm nothing."

She looked at me then Zade. I turned to him with a mad look on my face and stomped over to him. "Why did you give her money for me?" I smacked his arm lightly. "Because I wanted to. Has anyone ever told you, you look cute when you're mad?" "This is no time to distract me Zade! I'm mad at you" I turned away from him and walked back over to Caylie trying my best to ignore him.

We got our wristbands and headed into the place. Zade came up behind me while we were walking and tried to give me a hug but I kept walking. That broke my heart just a little bit. I turned around and looked at him and he was already looking at me with a sad face on. I walked towards him and gave him a big hug. We're both okay now.

We walked hand in hand to the lazer tag area. "Okay, how are the teams gonna be?" Derek asked. "I think it should be boys against girls." Caylie said. We all agreed and waited for our turn to play. " I'm not going to go easy on you." Zade says from behind me. I turn to look at him and say "sure." I patted his arm and turned back around to walk to Caylie. I made it probably a half a step away before my arm was grabbed and I was pulled into his chest.

"penso di essere innamorato di te" (i think I'm in love with you) Zade said in my ear. "You speak another language?" I asked curious. For the whole two months I've known him he has never said anything about speaking another language. "What type of Italian would I be if I didn't speak it?" He said which made me giggle. "What did you say?" I ask. "I'll tell you later."

He said and turned me around and I guess we were called in because everyone started walking forward. I followed behind Miles and the girl he asked to the dance. She is very pretty. Around 5'6 with long blonde hair and tanned skin. We made it in there and I made it my mission to not let Zade kill me. The worker handed us our vests and guns and explained the rules then let us go.

I was following behind everyone and before I walked through the door the guy stopped me. "Hi umm, I thought you were really cute and I was wondering if I could get your-" "Hi yeah no. That's my girlfriend buddy." Zade said leaving the room just to grab my hand and drag me into the room with everyone else.

We all separated into our teams and came up with a plan. I was going to hide the whole time because we all know Zade will be looking for me and if anyone on their team passes me I will shoot them no matter if it's Zade. We chose the game that if you get shot once your out so we were all scared.

The countdown clock started and gave us 10 seconds to get ready before chaos broke out. I heard stomping and screaming everywhere. "Miles is eliminated." The worker said over the intercom. Before the game starts they ask us our names so they can tell us who's out or not. After another 2 minutes or so everyone had been eliminated besides me and of course my wonderful boyfriend.

To say I was scared would be an understatement. Zade walked right in front of me and I immediately shot him. "Zade is eliminated. Leilani and the girls win!" The worker announced. Zade turns around looking for me and we made direct eye contact. He walked up to me and leaned down and whispered into my ear, "never mind, sono innamorato di te" (I am in love with you.) "Sir will you please stop talking in Italian?" I shook his head no and moved his hand from his side to being in my palm.

"Good game girls." Miles said as we walked back to the cars after 2 more rounds of laser tag. We of course won the first one but sadly the boys won the last two. I ended up learning the girl that Miles is going to homecoming with is named Tilly. She was a very sweet girl. "Did we decide if we're going to dinner as a group?" Caylie asked, confused because in our group chat no one had said anything about dinner and it was stressing her out.

"It's whatever. I was gonna take Tilly to silver creek if you guys wanted to tag along." Miles said as he put his arm around Tilly's waist making her blush. "Sure, we will go!" I said. "Does someone want to make reservations?" I added to my previous comment. "I will don't worry about it. But we have to get ready because we need to take pictures at 4 so we can eat at 5 and be to the dance by 7." Caylie said as she kissed Derek goodbye and got into the car.

I turned to look at Zade to say goodbye but realized he was standing right behind me so I bumped my nose kind of hard into his chest. "Goodbye mia bella." He said as he wrapped his giant arms around me. "Hey I know that means my beauty!" I said, proud of myself. I kissed the top of my head with a smile and walked to his truck. I walked back to Caylies car and climbed in. "You guys are adorable." With that we drove back to my house to get ready.

—————————————

!!!!PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

Word count- 1,548

Yayay a new update! I'm sorry it took so long I have had the worst case of writers block!!!!! But thank you for being patient with me. I hopefully will get another chapter out tonight but as of right now my eyes are slowly closing lmao. But I just want to let you know how much I appreciate you all! ALSO I don't know any Italian and I used google translate so if it's wrong please do not take it out on me. Also please tell me what you think about the characters I'm going to put there names below

FEEDBACK

LEILANI

ZADE

MILES

CAYLIE

DEREK

With all love
-MER