4. Passion

Chase.

✙ ☠ ✙

"Harder, harder!" Aron screams into my ear. 

I pant and tense up my whole body. 

"Come on. You're almost there!" 

I let out a loud groan as I pull myself up on the metal pull up bar. 

"Yes! That's it!" Aron cheers. I let go and land back on my feet. 

I pant as the sweat drips down my forehead. 

"Good job." Aron and I high five. 

"It's all thanks to you." 

"Hey, you're the one that did it." Aron pats my back. 

We've been working out together this past summer and it's really fun, surprisingly. I actually quite like moving. I also feel more comfortable in my body as a result and of course I get to spend time with Aron. 

The way we suddenly became friends last year is kind of unreal. I guess it all all started when I broke down crying at the school dance (I was drunk, FYI), and he's been really understanding and nice to me since. I kind of found myself wanting to be more like him. He's always so calm and cool. I wish I was like that. I'm an anxious mess most of the time. He's just so collected and warm and full of love. It's not hard to understand why Sky likes him. Sure, first I thought he was an arrogant asshole but as it turns out.. I was wrong. 

Aron and I are like brothers now. Especially now that I've given up on the whole Sky thing. Sky and Aron are getting married. And I'm gonna be the best man. It has to be that way. 

"I'm going on a date tonight." I say as Aron and I both sit down for a break. 

"So I've heard." Aron nods before downing a bottle of water. 

"Her name's Fawn." 

"Fawn?" He asks confused. 

"I know." I chuckle. "She seems really sweet." 

"Are you nervous?" 

"Not yet." I scratch my head. "I'm sure I will be later." 

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure she'll love you." 

"I'll find a way to screw up somehow." I mutter, more to myself than to him. 

He grabs my shoulders and makes me look at him. 

"Chase, you're a great guy. There's no way in hell she won't like you. This isn't a test, it's just a date. Just have fun." He looks deep into my eyes. 

I take a deep breath and instantly feel calmer. That's the effect of Aron, I guess. 

"Okay." 

"Good." He gets up. "Ready for round two?"

I nod.

After a while of working out Sky comes in. 

"With the way you guys were grunting it sounded like you were fucking." He leans against the door. 

I can't help but blush. How does Sky manage to say things like that in such a nonchalant manner? 

"Haha, very funny." Aron comes over to him they share a loving kiss. 

It's kind of okay seeing them kiss now. It doesn't hurt as bad as in the beginning. It's more like.. I wish I had someone to do that with. I guess maybe after tonight I will. 

"When are you finally gonna join us?" Aron asks with his arms wrapped around Sky.

"When I'm dead." 

Aron sighs.