5. Empty

Sky.

✙ ☠ ✙

It's like two AM when I hear some rustling from the hallway. I'm laying in bed next to Aron when someone comes into the room. I only see a vague shape in the dark but it looks like Chase. He bumps into a table, waking Aron. 

"Fuck!" He whispers. 

"Chase?" I lift my head up. 

"Who else has the keys?" He grumbles. 

I frown and look at Aron. He seems just as confused as me. Chase is never this easily annoyed. 

"How'd the date go?" I ask. 

"Fine. We kissed." Chase takes off his shoes and crawls into the bed, lying down between me and Aron.

"Really? That's awesome!" I say. 

Radio silence. Confused, I look at Aron. 

He shrugs in the same confused fasion. "You guys dating now?" He asks gently. 

"Dunno." Chase wraps his arm around my stomach and lays his head on my chest. 

He seems really upset. 

I stroke his hair. Aron massages his shoulder.

"So.. why are you so upset?" I ask. 

"I'm not.. Just tired." 

He sounds kind of sad though.. 

Aron and I share a confused glance. 

Chase.

✙ ☠ ✙

I wake up on Sky's chest the next morning. 

I look beside me. Aron's gone. Off to class I'm guessing.

I'm so sad about yesterday. It was.. great. Technically. But I just didn't feel a thing. I was nervous to be going out with her.. but that's because of my anxiety, not because I liked her. We have so much in common and I do kind of like Fawn but.. I just felt no romance. No butterflies. No sex. Nothing. And that kiss! Oh, God, that kiss! It was absolutely empty until.. Until my mind went where it always goes.. to Sky. I thought of him when I kissed her. And I know it was completely wrong but I couldn't help it. And then I opened my eyes and I saw her and I just felt sad. 

I look up. Sky's still asleep. He has his arm on my shoulder. 

I'm overwhelmed with love when I look at him. 

I scoot up a bit and lean over him. I run my hands through his hair. My heart beats fast. Fire. Passion. Love. 

"When will I finally get over you?" I whisper to myself. 

I frown and I trace his perfect face. I caress his cheek. 

He twitches a little and then he opens his glorious blue eyes. In the soft white light of the morning he looks breath taking. 

His intense gaze softens when he sees me. 

"Hey, Chase." 

He yawns. 

"Hi." I smile. 

He runs his fingers through my hair. Then he begins to twirl some strands. 

I watch him with wonder. He gives me a soft smile.

It's the kind of smile you'd give to a brother.. family. It's not the right kind of smile. Not the right kind of love. Dammit. Why can't I just let go?

"What's wrong?" He murmurs.