30. Deja Vu

Sky.

✙ ☠ ✙

I know exactly where the abandoned warehouse is since it's been a tradition to throw huge parties there since I was in high school. 

Aron's at home watching Rosalie. He wanted to come too but there really was no way.

I'm driving way too fast but I'm worried out of my mind. I haven't heard from Chase in two days. And suddenly he calls me, sounding terrified and messed up.

I pull up to the parking lot and run inside the building.

"Chase?" My voice echoes through the empty hallway. 

No response. I take a left into a big hall. Empty cups and confetti cover the floor.

I spot Chase, laying motionless in the middle of the room. 

"Chase!" I run up to him as fast as I can. 

"What the hell happened?" My voice is shaking and so are my fingers. 

He doesn't reply. I listen for a heartbeat because he looks so pale like he could be dead. I'm relieved when I find his heart is still beating.

I grab my phone to call an ambulance but just that moment one shows up on the parking lot. I bang on the windows hoping they'll find us sooner. 

I lock eyes with the paramedics. A woman and a man rush inside with a stretcher in hand.

I go into the hallway and lead them to Chase. 

They lift him up onto a stretcher. 

"Do you know what he took and when?" The woman asks.

"I don't know. I just got here." 

She gives a curt nod and they roll Chase into the hallway.

I follow them out of the building. They put Chase in the back of the ambulance and tell me to sit in front. I do as they say despite wanting to be with Chase. I decide to call Steven, Diana and Loren and tell them to come to the hospital. They're all worried sick and making their way over. Loren's taking the first plane to LA.

I tell the paramedics everything I know: Chase's name, birth date.. anything.

All the while I'm hearing them talk about Chase in terms I don't understand. I'm worried that he'll die. I put my head in my hands and wish for the best. 

There's nothing I can do but wait. 

We reach the hospital and they rush inside with Chase. They tell me to wait in the hallway as they take him to the emergency room.

I can't believe this is happening again. 

I make an effort to breathe normally. Try to tell myself everything will be okay. But somehow I don't think it will.

"Where is Chase? What happened?!" Diana runs up to me looking absolutely terrified. Steven follows after her. 

"I think he was at a party.. He called me sounding really scared. He was unconscious when I got there. He's in the emergency room now." 

Diana covers her eyes. 

Steven doesn't say anything. He just holds her in his arms to comfort her. But I can see in his face that he's just as scared as she is.

Minutes pass before the doctor comes out of the room.

We all watch him with anticipation.

"We've successfully pumped Chase's stomach. It seems it wasn't just alcohol he ingested but it was also an assortment of drugs. Of course mixing drugs and alcohol is a very dangerous thing to do,"