14. Home

Chase.

✙ ☠ ✙

"Shit!" I scream as I stumble out of the car. 

"Fuck!" There's smoke coming from the hood. My headlights are completely fucked. 

I put my hands to my head as the throbbing begins. I feel dizzy and nauseous. 

I sit down on the ground with my head in my hands. I take a few deep breaths. 

When I look up I get even dizzier.

"Ow!" I groan.

What do I do now? 

After quick deliberation I decide to call Sky. 

After a few rings it goes over to voicemail. 

"Dammit!" I kick against the car. 

Aron's in class.. I could call someone from school. Even if they're fake friends, they're dying to get on my good side.

After a long time of searching through my blurry phone I manage to call Wayne. 

"Yo, dawg!" 

"Wayne, I need your help. I totaled my car. My parents are gonna kill me—" 

"Dude, bzzz, back up. You totaled your car?!" 

"Are you gonna help me or not?" I push. 

"Where are you? I'll pick you up and call someone for the car. I got you, dude." 

I sigh of relief. 

"My parents can't know." 

"They won't. I'll just tell my guy I drove the car. No feds, no nothing. Cause you sound drunk as a skunk right now." 

"Alright, hurry."

× × ×

I'm at Wayne's house. He knows someone who got rid of the car. Thankfully, nobody asked about my parents. Wayne let me crash with him. My mom would have been so angry if she saw the state I was in.

Mom: Chase, where the hell are you? Your principal told me you fought one of your classmates and that you skipped school today! Get your butt home!

Speak of the devil. I groan. 

"Trouble at home?" Wayne asks as he comes into the room with two bottles of water and takeout. 

"The principal called my mom! I'm dead!" I groan. 

"Hey, at least she won't know about the car." 

"Uh.. I'm pretty sure she'll know about the car when I don't bring it home tomorrow." 

"Right.. Shit, man." Wayne pats my back and hands me a bottle of water. 

"Thanks." I open the lid. "For everything." 

"Sure, man. I had to after you kicked Luke's ass today. That was fucking fire, dude." He laughs. 

I think it was stupid. I've turned into such an idiot. I hate my life. 

I down the bottle of water. 

"I thought he was your best friend."

"I wouldn't say that. I mean, honestly, he's just been bossing everyone around and treating people like crap lately. He totally deserved what he got. I'm glad you're in our group now, dude." Wayne pats my back.

I guess maybe Wayne and the other guys are not fake like I thought. They're just tired of Lucas' crap, which is understandable. And.. they actually like me. It's surprising but I'm happy they're really my friends.