52. Boyfriend

Chase.

✙ ☠ ✙

I can't control myself as my heart races and my hands race over Anthony's skin. His lips are softer than mine even though he just spent five minutes trying to soften them. I'm relieved kissing him because without knowing it I've been wanting to do that all this time. And he feels the same way.

..I think. Maybe he just wants to make out. I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing again.

"So you like me?" I pull away mid-kiss. 

"Yes. Obviously." Anthony chuckles. His eyes are gleaming and he seems just as happy and excited as I am. 

"Okay." I nod. 

"Well.. Do you like me too or—" 

I cut Anthony off.

"Yes! Of course! I just can't believe you.. Why are you—" 

Anthony presses our lips together again. "Oh.. Okay." I say in between kisses. 

I feel so happy. Confused and surprised, but happy. Anthony likes me. I don't know why, though. 

"But why?" I pull away again. 

Anthony groans. "Are you always gonna be like this? Asking questions while we're kissing?" 

So he wants to kiss me regularly. That makes me grin a little.

"Well, I can't kiss with you unless I know why."

Anthony sighs and grabs my hand. It unleashes another horde of butterflies in my stomach. "Because you're kind, honest and I know you always mean well. That's pretty rare. Especially in LA. Especially in the gay scene. You're one of a kind."

A huge smile spreads across my face. I can't believe he looks at me that way. 

A man bursts through the door out of nowhere. 

I instinctively move away from Ant. 

"Good Lord. God bless America." He says when he sees us. He's got Anthony's deep skin tone and dark hair and eyes to match. He's only slightly taller and he's got more muscles. It's funny how even though they're not related by blood they still look alike.

"Dad, can you get out?" Ant says annoyed. 

"Chase!" His dad smiles at me like we've met.

Anthony put his head into a pillow and groans. 

"Hi." 

"Son in law." He nods. 

Anthony screams into the pillow now. 

I chuckle. He has a very lively family.. which explains him perfectly. 

"So this is a couple, no? A match? A perfect set of cutlery?" The dad smirks. 

"Um.. Yeah. I guess so." I chuckle. 

Anthony lifts his head from the pillow and watches me wide-eyed. 

"Uh.. I mean... If you want to." Doesn't he want to?!?!??

"Yes." He says before hiding his face in the pillow again. His ears are red. How endearing. 

I rub his back. 

I look back at Anthony's dad and tears are streaming from his eyes. 

"Are you crying?" I say in disbelief. Maybe he's not okay with this at all.

"This is just so beautiful!"

Oh!

"I've always— Always wanted this for him! He's my whole world!" 

Anthony's dad is full blown wailing at this point. 

I get up and hesitantly pull him into a hug. This is so bizarre. 

I rub his back. 

"I-it's okay. I'll be good to him, I promise." 

"I know you will. Anthony's told us all about you." He sniffs and takes a deep breath in an attempt to collect himself. 

I slowly pull away.

"It's just so artistic seeing two boys in love!" He weeps while he crashes into my arms again. 

"Uh.. Oh." 

No idea what to say to that. 

× × ×

We had breakfast over at Anthony's place. His parents seem to like me a lot. They're very happy for us which is refreshing. Especially compared to my shitty mom. 

Anthony just dropped me off at my house. 

"I'm sorry about my crazy mother and my weepy dad. That was embarrassing." He says.

"No need." I laugh. "They're kinda funny. That said, I will use this experience against you forever." 

"Yeah, I thought you would." He smiles bitterly. 

"Well, I'll see you at school." He says. 

"Yeah." I nod. 

We both stand there awkwardly. So since he's my boyfriend now.. should I kiss him? Or maybe he's not comfortable kissing in public. I don't know. 

"Bye." He says awkwardly.

"Yeah." 

I head for the door while Anthony puts on his helmet. 

I turn around. "Wait," 

I run up to him and peck him on the lips. 

I pull away and he looks happy. I smile at him. 

"Drive safe, okay? Don't be stupid!" I say over my shoulder as I walk towards the door.

"Yes, dad." He chuckles. 

I watch him ride off. I shake my head. He's driving way too fast. 

I decide to text him. 

Chase: I saw you! Text me when you're home or else!

I smirk and open the front door. 

I'm met by a wall of people screaming at me. 

Loren, Dad, and Jenny are all here. 

"OH MY GOD, WAS THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND? HE'S SO CUTE!" Loren squeals.

"I knew this would happen! Called it! Called it!" Dad screams while Jenny wipes a tear.

"My prayers have been answered." She whispers as she shakes her head. 

"Would you guys stop! This is so embarrassing!" My face gets redder than it already was. 

"Please tell me he's not just some guy. He's way too well dressed to just throw him away!" Loren says.

"Of course he isn't some guy." I look down at my feet.

"He's my boyfriend." 

They all start squealing and cheering. I squeeze my eyes closed as they gather around me and hug me.

They're so happy for me. I feel touched and embarrassed at the same time. 

I'm lucky to have a family like this. 

And a boyfriend like Anthony.