56. Pink(ie)

Sky.

✙ ☠ ✙

"We can also just ditch the whole party idea and hang out alone tonight." I look up into Aron's eyes. 

He pulls my body against his. "How can you say that when this party is to celebrate you!" 

I lean in closer. "Every day is a party with you." I try. 

Aron pretends to throw up. "Nice try." He smiles. 

I kiss him. He pulls away before I even get the chance to try to convince him. 

"Not gonna happen. I know my weaknesses. Don't be ungrateful." He says sternly.

"I'm not." I sigh. "I just don't feel like meeting Chase's boyfriend." I pout. 

"What's your deal with that, anyway?" 

"What if it's some weirdo that uses him or something. You know how naive he can be.."

"Well then won't it be better if we meet him? We can warn him." 

"Yeah or he could just not date anyone and then I don't have to worry about it." 

Aron gives me a look. "You're underestimating him." 

"Cheer up." Aron squeezes my chin before going into the kitchen. 

I take a deep breath. 

And sigh loudly. 

"So when are you going to marry me?" I change the subject. "You said you were serious about it but it's been a year and we have no date."

"Well, I was busy with school. But I'll have you know it has been on my mind lately."

"All men do is talk.." I say dramatically. 

"How about next month?"

"What?" I laugh. 

"I'm serious. I have summer break and so does Chase and everyone else. It's perfect." Aron smiles. 

I didn't expect him to say next month. I was obviously kidding. 

"Getting cold feet?" Aron challenges. 

"No." I say firmly. 

"Are you sure? You look pretty scared."

"Fine. Next month." I say quickly. 

I can hear Aron's smile.

I roll my eyes. 

Chase.

✙ ☠ ✙

"Don't— Please don't wear that. Please, please, please!" I beg. 

"Chase, if they don't like me based on what I wear you need new friends." Anthony says.

"But you promised you'd wear white!" 

"I am wearing white!" 

Yeah except for his soft pink nails, and the pink highlights in his hair. 

"Come on!" 

"I'm technically not wearing pink."

"Anthony!" I whine. "You're so frustrating." I push him against the wall. 

"I can't take out the highlights." Anthony says softly. 

I lean towards him.

"You can dye it." I say against his lips. 

His lips kiss mine gently. I push him harder and deepen the kiss. 

He groans a little. 

"So that's a yes." I whisper.