60. "I Love You" (In Pink)

Sky.

✙ ☠ ✙

"Get out." Anthony says weakly. 

"Not a chance." 

"This is illegal." He says listlessly as he leans against the wall. He eats a spoonful of his ice cream. 

"You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Chase is seriously hurt because you won't forgive him for something so stupid. He lied to you and it wasn't right, but come on! Anyone can see that you both miss each other and want nothing more than to make up so grow some balls and talk to him!" 

"Why are you saying all this? You wanted him all for yourself, right? Now you have him." 

"Are you that dense? Chase and I aren't like that! He's been trying to tell you that for weeks but you won't pick up your fucking phone to hear him out! He's a great guy and he deserves to be happy." 

"And I refuse to be someone's second choice. I have self respect!" 

I hold up Anthony's ice cream. "You call this self respect?"  

"Give that back." He mutters. 

"You're not his second choice." I put the ice cream on a table in the hallway. 

"Chase used to have feelings for me but that's over now. And I've never seen him so in love as he is with you. So cut the bullshit. You're scared he's going to hurt you but.." I think of what my mom said. 

"There's no avoiding that." 

He looks at me angrily. 

"There's no way to not get hurt in a relationship. You just have to believe you're strong enough to make it out." 

Anthony looks away, his arms crossed. 

"Or do you want to spend your whole life alone because you're scared to put your heart on the line?" 

He doesn't say anything. He has nothing to say cause he knows I'm right. 

"Yes, I care about Chase. But the way you guys are together.." Anthony shakes his head. "It makes me sick." He looks into my eyes. 

"What you did to him is wrong on so many levels. Why anyone allows you to be around him is beyond me." There's judgement in his eyes.

"Fine. I'll take that. Say what you have to say. Just don't take your anger at me out on Chase because he doesn't deserve any of this." 

Anthony and I share a long glance. He looks like he's changed his mind.

"Get dressed. We're going to a wedding." I head for the door.

Anthony sighs. "I don't have anything to wear." He says listlessly. 

"Yeah, I don't believe that. I'll wait in the car." I walk out the door.

× × ×

15 Minutes later and Anthony comes out of the house wearing a light blue tux. His hair is perfect and his face looks less dead. It's like magic. I shiver and start the car. 

He sits in the passenger seat and closes the door. I kick the pedal and drive as fast as I can. 

"I don't like you." He says bluntly. 

"Well, that's harsh." 

"I'm not kidding. Maybe everyone else is cool with what you did, but I'm not. And just the fact that you gave me a little pep talk and seem to have even a tiny heart isn't going to change that. Nothing's going to change what you did to him."