41. Mom

Chase.

✙ ☠ ✙

After I've brushed my teeth I walk into the hallway and hear a very familiar voice from the kitchen. I walk a little faster and see Sky sit at the kitchen counter talking to my dad. 

"SKY?!" 

He turns my way and smiles at me. 

I run into the room and jump in his arms. 

"Ow! God!" 

"What are you doing here?" I pull away and look at my dad.  "What happened?"

"Well.. I decided to stop being a fool. We made up." Dad admits.

"Good! Finally!" I punch him on the arm. 

I fall into Sky's arms again. "I missed you so much." 

Sky pats my back. "I missed you too." 

I'm so happy to see him again. My life just isn't the same without him.

"How are you? Loren said you sounded weird on the phone.." I was worried sick.

"I'm okay. It was weird for a while.. Talking to your dad helped." Sky smirks at my dad.

"Really? It never works for me." I joke.

"Hey!" Dad throws a potholder to my head. 

The door smashes open and Loren comes in. "You won't believe this! So I flew all the way over to Connecticut for nothing—" She stops talking when she lays eyes on Sky. 

"Am I hallucinating?" 

"No." He chuckles.

Sky gets out of his seat and opens his arms. Loren runs up to him and gives him a bear hug.

"You finally got your shit together?" She says to dad.

"You kids are MEAN." 

"Happy to have you back." Loren kisses Sky's cheek.

"Happy to be back." He answers looking happier than I've seen him in a while.

× × ×

Me and Sky are just hanging out in the garden while munching on a salad. I just told him about how school's been going which is... okay. The guys are still ignoring me since I have that teacher-cop watching me all the time and Fawn still won't talk to me which is understandable. So.. I've been eating lunch alone while listening to legendary music on my dad's old IPod and it's weirdly okay. Kind of comforting even. It's like going back to the basics. 

"So, I told you about how my mom is being really weird? Ever since I told her about Kev." I say.

"Mhmm?" 

"Well.. I don't know what to do. She's literally never home and when she is, she finds all the excuses in the world not to talk to me. We're supposed to go to church together coming Sunday but.. It's gonna be so weird." I sigh. 

"Well, maybe you should just tell her the truth." 

"The truth?"

"About your sexuality."

"'Hey mom, I loved this church session. By the way, I'm gay.'" 

Sky laughs. "So it's official then?"

"Yes. One hundred percent. Kissing girls is so gross!"

"Oh, come on it's not that bad!"

"It totally is! And having sex with them— worse!"