50. Don't be a drag, just be a Queen

Chase.

✙ ☠ ✙

"Why! Did you have to invite Oscar?! Really?!" I complain. 

"Oscar is awesome, what's your problem?" 

"He's too much! And he keeps—" I stop myself from saying something embarrassing. 

"He keeps what?" 

He keeps stealing you away from me, that's what. 

"He's just annoying." 

"You thought I was annoying and look at us now."

"Well, you basically bribed me. With pizza."

Anthony chuckles. The doorbell rings. 

"Please get it." 

"Ugh!" I groan. 

I drag my feet to the door. I can already see Oscar's neon hair from the window. 

I open the door and fake a smile. 

"Hi Girlfriend!" Oscar smiles. 

"Hey—"  Oscar wraps his arms around me and hugs me, wiggling us side to side. 

"Is that guy still not done?" Oscar pulls away. "Antonio Desusa get your pristine butt down here!" He yells up the stairs. 

How does he know he has a pristine butt? I'm so annoyed. 

A while later Anthony comes down the stairs wearing the most obnoxious, bright pink glitter heels I've ever seen. 

"Oh my God." 

"Eeeek!" Oscar squeals. "You look so good, babe." He kisses Anthony's cheek. 

I suppress the urge to pull them apart. 

"What do you think?" Anthony asks. An amused smile covering his face. 

"Um.. a bit much, maybe?" Not that I'd know. Anthony still hasn't told me where we're going. 

"Oh, don't be a drag!" Oscar slaps my arm. Then his eyes meet with Anthony's and they start smiling at each other. 

"Just be queen. Whether you're broke—"

"Or evergreen." Before I know it they're rapping a Lady Gaga song.  

They're so in tune with each other. I feel kind of left out. 

They keep singing while we walk over to the car.

I'm just happy I don't have to ride Anthony's death cycle right now. 

All the way to wherever we're going Oscar is blasting Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj and Britney Spears songs. 

They're sitting at the front, holding hands, screaming the words to songs I don't know and I can't help but wonder what I'm doing here. 

We make it to the mystery location and as I step out, I notice it's a club. But not just any club.. a gay club. 

"Look at his face!" Oscar giggles. 

"You're taking me to a gay club?" I say breathlessly. 

"Yes! You'll finally get to experience a full submergence into the gay life." 

"Well, maybe I don't want to be submerged. Maybe I'm fine the way I am." 

"Girls, I've gotta go get ready. See you on stage!" Oscar kisses Anthony's and my cheek. 

I shiver. 

"You are just so stuck in your ways, it's time for you to experience something new. This'll be good for you!" Anthony says.