20. IDGAF

Chase. 

✙ ☠ ✙

We've made it back to LA in one piece. I dropped Sky off and just reached my dad's since I'm staying here this week.

I open the door and try to sneak inside even though I know dad's expecting me. I'm just thinking if I can get to my room, wait till he's calmer..

"Chase Chambers!" 

Fuck. 

My dad appears from the kitchen. 

"Dad! I've missed you!" I force a smile. I fiddle with the scarf around my neck that covers my tattoo.

"Don't you 'Dad' me! Your mom and I are kind enough to show you a little bit of mercy and you skip class and take an early flight to New York?!" 

"I bought you a souvenir." I hold up a lame statue of liberty key-chain. "Cute, right?" 

"Chase, you are grounded. For real now. Two weeks." 

I sigh. Well, two weeks is better than I thought. All I wanted to do was sleep anyway. "Okay. I'm sorry." I give him the key-chain. 

He takes it and sighs. 

"It is pretty cute..." He agrees.

I grab my bag to take it upstairs. 

"Chase," Dad grabs my arm. 

"Has Sky said anything about Lisa? He said it would be better to wait with my grand gesture but he hasn't updated much since." 

Damn. How do I avoid this? 

"Uh, yeah. He's working on it. He'll call you soon."

I run upstairs. 

"Aren't you going to tell me about your trip?" Dad calls after me. 

"Later!"

I cover myself in blankets and pillows ready to sleep but despite how tired I am, I can't. My mind's full of images and thoughts. I'm lying to everyone now. I'm lying to Loren about betraying her with Sky, I'm lying to Sky and Aron about my sexuality and about still being into Sky, I'm lying to my dad about Lisa and I'm lying to my mom about everything. I'm such a liar. I've only been here for a few minutes and I already feel the pressure of my life choking the air out of my lungs again.

My phone beeps as I get a bunch of messages. I look at the screen.

Alex: party at my place, bitches!

Tom: that's random af

Alex: who tf cares? it's a fkk party!! everyone's invited

Wayne: 💪💪💪

Zane: ill bring the presents

Wayne: fire 🔥🔥

Max: What time?

Alex: starts at 9 ends when everyone's WASTEDD

Max: lololo

Wayne: should i bring booze?

Alex: the more the better

Alex: yo chasey, y u no texty? 

Alex: I can see ur online asshole

Wayne: Chase, u coming?

Chase: i'm grounded

Zane: Oh shnnapp, what did u do?