.11. red roses

I wake up the next morning. I think of all that happened yesterday.

Nick and I decided we would try going on a couple dates to see if it works before we tell people about it. And if our relationship doesn't work, then nothing would change in our friendship, and we pretend nothing ever happened.

We thought of all the details, a couple lies we can use and how we should act around people. I feel a little bad about lying and being secretive, but it's the only way to do it without making it awkward for everyone else.

I think it could really work between us.

I promised Dream that I would bring him coffee before they film their manhunt at noon. They have to do it at that time since George lives in the UK.

I keep my sweatpants on and just fix my hair to make it look a little better. After all I am seeing Nick. I should look semi presentable.

I check the time to see it's 10:00. Perfectly on time.

I open the door of my apartment. I pause my rush as I notice a dozen red roses sitting on my doorstep. I smile, having a strong idea of who might've done this.

I bring the rose inside and set them on the counter. I sit for a second to admire them. This is one of the sweetest things someone has ever done for me. I've never gotten flowers from a guy before.

I realize the time, and that I really need to leave. I walk out the door with a stupid grin on my face, even more excited to see Nick than before.

I usually don't need to ring the doorbell when I get here because I have a key.

Today my hands are currently full of coffee, so I press my elbow into the doorbell twice. Then a third when they didn't answer within thirty seconds.

A cranky Clay opens the door. "Oh my gosh, you are so annoying."

I giggle before walking through the door, "game day!" I say.

"Yeah yeah whatever." He grabs my purse from me since it's about to fall out of my hands.

"Here's your coffee," I say, handing him one of the three cups I have.

"Ugh, You are amazing," he says as he takes a grateful sip, "I needed this."

"I thought I was annoying like two seconds ago," I point out, laughing.

"Shut up," he rolls his eyes, "I'm going to my room to prepare."

I nod and let him go. Dream is the type of person that needs to get in the zone before a big competition type thing. I'm surprised he wasn't more annoyed that I was joking with him.

I walk up the stairs to give Nick his coffee. I knock on the door when I think I hear him talking.

"Who is it?" he calls out.

"Your worst nightmare," I joke, trying to make my voice lower.

"Come on in, y/n," he laughs from the other side of the door.

"How did you know?" I say as I open the door.

"I just could," he shrugs. He's sitting at his desk with a discord call opened. I can tell he's getting serious about the manhunt.

And I think it's adorable.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes, "here I got you coffee."

"Coffee?" he perks up, "thank you."

I hand him the coffee. "Who are you talking to?"

"The hunters," he turns to the computer screen, "want to say hi?"

"Sure," I smile.

He presses the unmute key. I know most of them. I haven't gotten the chance to get to know Ant or Sam. I know George because of Dream, and I've helped BadBoyHalo with some thumbnails with Skeppy.

"Hi guys! Good luck on crushing Dream today!" I say once we're unmuted.

I can't hear their responses, so Sapnap translates them. "They said thank you, and Bad asked how you're doing."

"I'm doing great! How are you, Bad?" I ask. I love talking to Bad. He was so nice when I made the thumbnails for him.

"He said that he's really good," Sapnap says.

"That's good. Well, I'm going to let you guys go, but good luck!" I turn to Sapnap quietly and say, "I'll be back later."

He nods, "Alright, see you soon."

I leave the house quietly. I know they haven't started the recording yet, but I know they're both getting in the zone to defeat each other.

Dream texted me after they film to tell me he won, then he asked if I wanted to come over for a steak dinner to celebrate. I could never resist the offer of steak, so I drive over there an hour later.

I walk through the door. I can see Clay in the kitchen as he makes the steaks. I plop down next to Nick as we wait for the food.

Patches comes up and snuggles with me on my end of the couch. Nick gives me a dirty look.

"What? Jealous she loves me more?" I laugh.

"A little bit," he complains. He then scoots a little closer to me, so he could pet Patches. I smile at the closer proximity.

My legs are up on the couch, and Patches is on my lap. Nick is practically laying on top of me. I guess this wouldn't seem out of the ordinary to Clay since Patches is here, but it still feels slightly rebellious.

"Dinner's ready!" Clay calls out.

Nick and I make our way to the kitchen. Everything smells amazing.

"Looks great, Clay." Nick looks over all the food.

"Thanks." Clay says as he checks his phone, "I'm going to go grab a charger." He disappears to his room.

This is the first time Nick and I have been completely alone without Clay or someone waiting in discord since yesterday.

He leans in as he hands me a plate. "Did you get the flowers?" he whispers in a low voice, careful of the other people in the house with ears.

I nod. "I did. They're beautiful, thank you."

He smiles, "Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl."

I blush. Nicks stands up straight as we hear Clay walking through the halls to the kitchen.

"Got it," Clay says as he walks in, "Now who's ready to eat?"

Clay's dinner was delicious. Nick and I decided we would clean up since Clay cooked it all. He doesn't argue with us, and he goes to start editing. Nick and I rolled our eyes but let him go happily. We finished cleaning the dishes in a comfortable quiet.

"You know, Clay is going to be editing all day tomorrow, and then he has to take Drista shopping for his mom's birthday present." Nick suggests as he leans on the counter.

"So he's busy?" I ask.

"Exactly," Nick smiles, "and in that case, I was wondering if you would like to go on our official first date with me y/n."

I smile, feeling instantly lit up, "I would love to,"

"Alrighty, it's a plan," he says with a smile.

All the sudden I feel very excited for tomorrow.

I have my very first secret date with Nick.

.author's note.

ahh so exciting.. i can't wait for some of the parts of this story guys!

hope you have a great day :)

.word count.. 1167