.36. dream

.dream pov.

y/n came over to watch a movie like we do every single Thursday. It's one of our traditions that I've really grown to love over the past couple months.

She's currently asleep on the other end of the couch. I'll have to get onto her later about missing part of our movie marathon. We're currently watching one Pirates of the Caribbean every week until we finish her. We're currently on number three.

The front door unlatches as Nick walks in the door.

I put a finger to my mouth. He nods as he realizes what I'm saying.

He walks over to the couch to take a peek at y/n, who is still fast asleep. His lips curl up into a little smile.

He likes her. Anyone with one or more working eyes can see it. He lights up whenever he's in the room with her. He smiles at all the little things she does.

It's as simple as that. He likes her.

And I know it's not an ongoing thing from their relationship. He worked hard to be able to get over y/n before they got closer as friends, which was the best for both of them.

They were both able to move on, but now I sometimes wonder if they could like each other again.

I wouldn't mind if they dated. They're their own person, so they are free to do whatever they wish. I've learned that.

My feelings for y/n are also in the way past. I was able to realize that we would only have ever really worked as friends. There was almost too much history between us.

Plus, if I lose her, then I lose almost everything.

And that's why we have to only be friends. I hate how long it took me to understand that, but now it all makes sense.

"How long has she been asleep?" Nick whispers.

"A while," I whisper back, "I think she pulled an all nighter."

"She really needs to sleep more," he shakes his head a little.

"Aw, look at you caring about her," I joke with him, hoping to get some sort of reaction out of him.

"Shut up," his face turns a little red before he walks into his room. I pause the movie. I know y/n is going to want to finish it, so I'll just watch it again with her later. I follow Nick to his room.

"What do you want?" he asks when he sees me at my door.

"Nothing," I shrug, "just wanted to talk to you." I sit in his desk chair, "Soo, talking to any girls recently?"

"What are you?" Nick scoffs, "Twelve?"

"No," I say quickly, "I was just wondering,"

"No, I'm not talking to anyone, if you must know," Nick grabs a laundry basket from his closet.

"Okay, cool. So is there like nobody at all? Or maybe someone you're interested in??" I try to hint to see if he likes y/n, but he doesn't seem like he's going to budge.

"I swear, Clay," he rolls his eyes, "either don't ask me those questions or get out,"

"Fine, fine," I put my hands up in surrender.

We're quiet for a few moments before I talk again. "So was that a maybe? A yes? Or just-"

"OUT" he says as he throws a pillow at my head.

I get out the door laughing.

He definitely likes her.

.author's note.

i just wanted to put some closure on dream's feelings

have a good day!

.word count.. 586