.19. he knows

The door opens quicker than we can respond.

"Hey, Nick? Oh-" Quackity says.

Nick pulls away quickly, "And that's why you should switch to my-uh- better smelling detergent." he tries to cover up our hug.

It's a nice thought, but there's no point. Quackity knows.

"Hi, Quackity," I say softly.

"Hey, y/n, what's uh, what's going on here?" Quackity leans on the door frame a little bit.

"We can explain," Nick says.

"Yeah, you see, we, uh," I cross my arms, trying to find a way to best explain it, "we're basically,"

"We're dating," Nick finally says.

"Dating?" Quackity asks, "Like in secret? Or I just wasn't aware?"

"Um, in secret," My voice sounds a little higher pitch than normal.

Quackity chuckles a little bit. Why is that funny?

"Does Dream know?" he asks.

"No," Nick and I both say quickly at the same time.

"How does he not know? Sapnap literally lives with him." Quackity shakes his head at Clay's obiviousness.

"We're really good secret keepers," I nod my head with a smile, slightly proud of the fact that Quackity had no idea.

"He's kind of the reason we have to keep it a secret. He told us that we weren't allowed to date." Nick says, trying to explain our reasonings.

"He did what?" Quackity asks, "I need the whole story." He moves to sit on Nick's gaming chair. I sit by Nick on his bed, keeping a bit of distance in case someone else walked in.

Nick and I explain the whole story. Quackity just sits there and listens as we talk. He's the first person to know.. Ever.

I'm kind of glad that it's off our chests now, though. The secret was weighing me down. I just want to have a public relationship with the person I have strong feelings for.

And Quackity is a trustworthy person to tell it to.

Once Nick tells the rest of the story, Quackity just sighs for a moment.

"Wow," he says, "that's a lot."

I nod in agreement. It's a lot to find out two people you know are secretly dating. It'll probably take a little time to get used to, too.

I can't imagine how Clay will respond once we tell him. I can't imagine him being instantly okay with it. He'll probably think it's weird, and it'll take him some time. But eventually he'd get used to us being together.

Then again, that is if we ever get around to actually telling him.

"You have to promise to keep it a secret," Nick says, "until we're ready."

Quackity nods his head. "Of course, of course. That wasn't even a question. Of course I'll keep it a secret.

We thank him and head back downstairs. The other three boys are passed out on the couch as a movie plays.

"I guess they finally found a movie," Nick whispers.

"Wow, can't believe they started without us," Quackity shakes his head, plopping down to sleeping Karl.

"In their defense, we were gone for a while." I say as I sit next to Nick. I glance over at Clay, who's fast asleep at the end of the sectional.

He looks so peaceful. I think of all the amazing childhood memories I've had with him. He was there when I crashed my bike (multiple times), when I went on my first date, and when I went through my first heartbreak. Through everything we've both been through, through thick and thin, we've always been there for each other. As I think, I realize one thing that becomes very prevalent.

We have to tell Clay.

It's going to be hard, and he might not respond to us the way we would like. But it's been five months, and it's the least that we could owe him. We can't have a successful relationship if the most important person in our lives doesn't know.

My question is 'how do we tell him'? We could just say it upright. We could hint at it until he finds out. We could try to figure out his viewpoints before telling him.

There are so many ways for him to find out about the relationship, but we don't know which will work and which won't.

I sigh as we watch the rest of the movie. None of it really makes sense to me because I'm too busy imagining how Clay would react to our little secret.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

.author's note. 

ik the chapter was kind of short, but i PROMISE the next couple chapters are going to get better and better..

hope you guys have a great day :)

.word count.. 740