Chapter 1

*NOT EDITED*

"Why does the coach to the boys hockey team want to see you?" My bestfriend, Lexi Morgan asks me as I pour my coffee

I bring my mug up to my lips, "I have no idea," I say before taking a sip. "He emailed me yesterday asking to meet in his office." I walk over to the barstool.

"It's the end of September, what would he want to talk about?" She pauses "Wait isn't his office in the arena?" Lexi asks, while cooking her eggs.

I take another sip, "Yup. I'm supposed to go after my first class, I have a half hour break in between my classes."

Lexi's eggs are done, she turns off the oven and scrapes her eggs onto a plate. She turns around and leans against the counter while eating her eggs, "How are you? About transferring from Columbia?" She asks wryly.

I stay silent. I just transferred to Delcour last week, I still haven't unpacked my room, though Lexi has. It was too late to stay in the dorms so me and Lexi got an apartment together off-campus, before she was staying with her aunt while she was in her freshman year and sophomore, until last week. So as I got here late I missed the tryouts for the girls hockey team which is a bust but there's always next year.

I used to go to Columbia in New York but I transferred here because of the hockey opportunities I'd get, even if it meant waiting until my junior year. Chicago is a huge difference from New York, but then again I was used to New York, I'll get used to Chicago.

I finally answer, "I'm okay. Columbia was fun, but if I'm being honest, I didn't like the hockey team." I shrug. I look at Lexi and grin, "And I missed you."

She rolls her eyes as a smile spreads over her face, "Shut up, we saw each other during the summer."

I take another sip of my coffee, "I know." I mumble. Lexi and I have been bestfriends our entire lives. Our mothers are bestfriends, and have been since college, and then when they got married our dad's became bestfriends. Lexi's parents got a divorce when she was little but they remain friends, they all do.

As if Lexi's reading my mind she asks, "How are your parents?" She takes a bite of eggs.

"Dad's good, got interviewed yesterday, their going to stream it next week 'Life of James Mitchell after hockey'." I say dramatically which causes a chuckle from Lexi. "Mom's good, went to a signing for her new book."

A lot of people might know my dad, maybe even my mom. But my dad is more well know in the sports industry as James Mitchell 'the hockey legend'. He played for the Bruins, so I grew up around hockey. Either travelling with him to his games and watching them with my mother, or staying in New York, watching him play on tv.

Though he had to stay in Boston most of the time he was active in my life, came to every hockey game he could, talent show, science fair, anything he could.