Chapter 15

*NOT EDITED*

It's game day

It's game day.

Delcour University VS KellerWest University.

I'm walking into the arena with Lexi by my side, like I said she comes to all my games. 

I look at the visitors locker room where I see them going in. I've seen their plays, I'm pretty confident we'll win.

"Okay I'm going to change." I tell Lexi before hugging her and going to the steam room. Last night━despite Lexi complaining, because it was 2 am━I watched most of their games from this year and some from last year because there are still players on the team from last year.

Their captain, Alan Ivver is a dip who gets away with the dirtiest plays, so I'll have to watch out for him. A few other players that are Dips, like Jake Duraky, a defensemen, he's an asshole when he plays, from what I saw.

But I blank out my mind from the players and focus on the game ahead.

🏒 🏒 🏒

We won again. 3 to 2

We almost lost though, the game went till the 3rd period. In which period we had about 14 seconds left to score and guess who scored that goal...me!

So I'm all smiles as I leave the steam room, my bag rolling behind me. I don't even have to get ready for the human that tramples me. Lexi throws herself at me which makes me step back a few.

"That was fucking amazing Kat!" She finally releases me, "It was so suspenseful." She's blabbing now. I grin. "So we're going to Eleven City?"

I nod, I'm about to speak when a older lady walks towards us. I raise my eyebrow. 

"Are you Mitchell, Katherine Mitchell number 12?" She asks, looking at me. 

She has dark brown hair with a few white streaks, she's wearing high waisted beige dress pants paired with what looks like a dress shirt under a pea coat.

"Yeah that's me." I say, stuffing my hand that's not holding my bag into my hockey jacket.

"It's nice to meet you, I've heard good things about you." I raise my eyebrow. She continues, "My name is Iris Stone, and I'm a scout for the Boston Prides."

My jaw goes slack.

🏒 🏒 🏒

"I cannot believe that a Boston scout wants to draft me." I say stuffing fries into my mouth. That's right Iris didn't just want to talk to me, she said that the Boston Prides wanted to draft me. I'm fucking freaking out.

"I still can't believe that the first team to draft you is Boston." Lexi says taking a bite of her chicken sticks. 

"I know right. Just wait till Chase hears this," I smirking and taking a sip of my coffee.

Lexi grins a devilish grin, "Are you going to tell Rohan?"

I furrow my brows, "I mean yeah sure if it ever comes up." I take a big bite of my burger, I'm not supposed to be eating these but I'm celebrating, though I didn't even accept it, I said I needed time to think but Lexi thinks I'm waiting for other teams.

Maybe I am.

"Let's say other teams like, I don't know the Beauts would want to draft you would you still pick Boston?" She asks, raising her brow.

I shrug, "I mean Boston has been all I could think about because of dad, but Boston isn't the only amazing team out there, so I'm just going to wait." I say the last part slowly.

"What about the Chicago team?" Lexi asks, taking a bite of her own fries.

"Chicago North Stars? Uh, well they're an amazing team like the Prides. If they offered to draft me, I'd consider them like I would the Prides." I answer, "But I don't know how much of a decision I'll have to make because most of my family is close to Boston and again the team."

"So your going to base your decision on family?" She asks drinking her soda.

"Not the whole decision, it will be a factor. I can fly back and all, but again I'll wait until I get more offers, it's still early in the season." I take another bite of my burger. "You know how much my family can be...overbearing."

"True." Lexi says , finishing her soda. She waves over the waitress which is Camryn.

"Refill?" She asks. 

"Yes please." Camryn grabs her glass, "Thanks Cam." Camryn smiles and walks to refill Lexi's soda.

"Oh hey, have you signed up for those teaching classes? The one where you like help out the teacher and the teacher evaluates you?" I ask 

"Student teaching?" She asks giggling. "And it's not really me helping out the teacher," She says slowly, "It's more me teaching under the supervision of the teacher, and yes she evaluates me. I need this to get my bachelor in Education."

"Oh, that makes more sense." I take a bite of my burger. "So I'm guessing you signed up for that?"

"Mhm, it's starting next semester. I'm pretty excited, I'll be 'teaching' " She says with air quotes, "A fourth grade class." It genuine happiness that's spread on Lexi's face.

I remember when we were younger and the teachers would ask what we wanted to be when we were older, most kids said teacher, then changed their minds. But ever since we were in primary school Lexi has known that she wanted to teach.

And god is Lexi stubborn. Her parents talked to her about other careers━they were supportive of her wanting to teach━but ever since she got home that one day in kindergarten, it was 'I'm going to be a teacher'.

I smile at the memory. "Are you also doing the student teacher for the rest of college?"

"I'm still thinking about that, on one I hand I want to but on the other once I do it this year I won't have to do it again, so I can focus on my studies." She says, leaning back in the booth.

I shrug, "If I were you I'd do what makes me happy, if teacher for the next few years makes you happy then do it, but you are really good with kids."

"We'll see how it goes next semester."