Chapter 40

*NOT EDITED*

Rohan's been off since yesterday

Rohan's been off since yesterday. I can't put my finger on the exact why but something's going on. But I don't want to ask because I'm scared to know. It might that he's mad at me.

But he didn't seem angry last night, especially last night so I don't know what to think.

When I woke up I smelt the smell of bacon, eggs, waffles, and fruit. And then when I went downstairs I found Rohan cooking.

And mom and dad didn't know because they walk down the hall from their room just as surprised as I am.

"What's this about?" I asks walking towards the coffee machine, but I see a cup has already been made.

He plants a kiss on my forehead, "Just thought I'd make breakfast."

Mom walks up and grabs a piece of bacon, "Well, come over more often."

I laugh as I take a drink of my coffee. I then see a cup of something beside him. I grab it and take a sniff only to smell coffee. I look up, "Cappuccino?"

He continues making the eggs. "Maybe."

I smile as I put my coffee down and hug Rohan from behind.

And now we're getting ready to go to lunch with some old high school friends of mine. Like everyone, I had my click in high school. Mostly Lexi but also Tara and Riley as well as Peter. We're all meeting at a popular steak house.

He's never really been to New York so we leave early and I give him a whole tour of New York, mostly my favorite places.

Like Central Park, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, and Prospect park.

We go to the steak house at 1:00 and we're not the first ones there. Tara is sitting there already and stands when she sees me. She smiles as she hugs me, "Oh it's so good to see you Katherine."

I smiles as I lean back. I turn to Rohan, "Rohan this is Tara. Tara this is Rohan."

Rohan extends his hand and Tara shakes it, "The prodical boyfriend. The one who got her attention."

I laugh as Rohan's face scrunches with confusion, "What do you you mean?"

She looks at me then, "Well in high school she rarely liked any of the boys. I think she had only a few boyfriends throughout all 4 years." She laughs, "Most boys chased her."

I roll my eyes but just as I'm about to say let's sit down, I hear a familiar deep voice behind us. "Katie!"

I turn around and see Peter barreling towards me and catches me in a bear hug, "Oh my god. It's so good to see you!"

I hug him back with equal force. I tighten my hold before releasing him. "How's life? How is Xavier?" I ask.

"He's good. We're still going strong. Columbia is good, we miss you there."