Chapter 37

*NOT EDITED*

I've always loved Thanksgiving for 2 reasons

1; seeing all my family. 2; food.

I smile as I look out the window of the plane. Me and Rohan just got on the plane and he let me take the window seat after I talked about how much I like looking out the window.

And I'll take full advantage because this plane ride is only 2 hours long. I turn to Rohan who's reading a book called Terms and Conditions. He just started it 5 minutes ago.

I nudge his arm bringing his attention to me, "What's the book about?" And when I look at how far he is I see he's almost a quarter in.

His lips quirk up, "A billionaire and his assistant fake marries so he could have his inheritance."

I furrow my brows, "Weird. She agreed?"

He smirks, "She offered it."

My jaw gapes, "She's setting herself up for heartbreak." I mumble.

He laughs. "Tell me about the family I'm about to meet." He puts the book down.

I turn to fully face him, "Okay so first there is my mom's side. Her parents, my grandparents are Nora and Richard Tate who live in Philadelphia. My mom's sister is Annie Holland and her husband is Joey Holland. They have 3 kids, Logan is the oldest being 18. Samuel is 10 and Vivian is 4.

"Then there is my mother's brother Thomas Tate and his wife Leillani. Together they have twin daughters, Clara and Ciara who are 5. Them and Viv are inseparable. They all live in Phili."

I look back at Rohan and see he's listening intently.

I continue, "Then there are my dad's family. His parents are Caroline Mitchell and Henry Mitchell, they live in Bridgeport. My dad only has a sister, Rose Mitchell-Wright, her husband is Cheston Wright. Rose is 5 months pregnant I think." 

He laughs, "Holy shit your mom's family is big." 

I chuckle, "Yeah just wait till we're all in the same room."

He just shake his head laughing.

🏒 🏒 🏒

We get to New York 2 hours later.

Now we're just getting our things and leaving the airport when I spot both my parents in front of their car waiting for us.

My mother doesn't wait a second and runs to my, embracing me. 

When she starts tightening the hug to the point it hurts I pat her shoulder. "Mom, your hugging too tight." I say with an exaggerated voice.

"Sorry, honey." She says stepping back and quickly wipes her tears away.

"Oh mom." I mumble.

She shakes her head, "I'm fine. Just missed you."

We both know that's not why she's crying but I get my stubbornness from her so I know better than to presser her into talking.

She turns to Rohan, "Hey, Rohan." She bring him in for a hug.

"Hey Cecilia." He steps back, looks to dad, nods. "James."

Dad and Rohan do that manly handshake thing. Dad then turns to me with a smile. "Hey princess." 

I smiles back as I hug him, "Hey dad." I mumble as I step away. Dad and Rohan grab our bags and bring them to the back of dad's car.

The drive to the penthouse isn't far, just a 10 minute drive. During which mom and dad ask tons of questions about school, hockey, our relationship. 

And then when we get to the penthouse and I try to grab my bag Rohan just takes it from my reach. "Hey!" I try to grab it again but he takes it out of my reach again, "I can carry it, Rohan."

But he just ignores me. He's been doing that every chance he gets, grabbing my hockey bag, backpack or anything really.

When I look at dad I see he's smirking. I just roll my eyes.

We're staying in my old bedroom for the weekend so Rohan drops off our bags there while I go to the kitchen and make some coffee.

Mom comes in the kitchen as Rohan comes downstairs. 

I lean against the counter as my coffee brews. I look at mom, "What're you making?" 

She looks over, "I don't know yet. What do you want?"

I shrug but then get an idea, "Rohan's an amazing cook." I lean over and whisper, "He's Italian."

Her eyes round as she looks to Rohan who didn't hear what I said to her and looks like he's ready to run.

Mom walks over and grabs his arm, "Come teach me an Italian dish."

Rohan smiles as he takes a place beside mom. I grab my coffee and go sit with dad on the couch. Dad's tried to help mom cook but he's horrible and she just kicks him out.

Father like daughter I guess.