Chapter 24

*NOT EDITED*

How do I fix things?

I mean learning I'd be sharing a hotel room with her gave me hope. But then she decided to give me the silent treatment unless she had to speak to me. 

But when I wake up, I feel a weight under my arms. I already know what it is before I even open my eyes. But when I do I'm met with her sandy blonde hair, smelling like fruit. I can tell from the even breaths that she's still asleep.

This isn't the first time I've woken up like this. The first time she slept over, I'd woken up with my arms wrapped around her body. I stayed like that for a while like I am now. 

I close my eyes and remember what she'd said yesterday before we went to bed.

"You stay on that side, don't go here," She  points to her side of the bed like I'm a 5 year old, I try and muffle a smirk. "And I'll stay on my side."

She moves to the balcony which causes me to furrow my brows. She opens the curtains which I had closed when I came back inside after reading. 

She turns back around, "What?" She mumbles, "I like the feel of the sun when I wake up." She continues to mumble.

I can't lie, it's cute.

I go to 'my' side of the bed and she goes to 'her' side. She looks up at me again, "Stay on your side." She repeats.  shake my head, muffling a laugh.

Katherine shifting causes me to open my eyes. Relentlessly I unbound my arms from around her and shift to the outer edge. I look back at her and see her turn over and now face me, her hair is all over her face.

I resist the urge to move it aside. 

I run my hand though my hair before grabbing the remote and turning on the tv on the lowest volume and then grab my book. The Love Hypothesis. I'm almost done. It's a pretty good book. 

Next thing I know I feel Katherine sit up beside me. I look over and see her rubbing her eyes as she looks at the tv.

"Mornin' sunshine." I say, trying not to laugh at how out of it she looks.

She side eyes me, looking at my chest for a second before back up. "I can't right now." She mutters getting off the bed, "I need coffee." Is what I hear as she starts to put on her slippers.

I put my book back onto the side table and stand up, "I'll go, I'm going to get breakfast anyway." I go to my suitcase and grab a under armour tee.

"Okay you do that." She says going to the bathroom.

When I get to the dining room I see some teammates eating. As I pass they all pat me on the back, so doubt thinking I scored last night.

I roll my eyes as I go to the food bar and grab a stack of pancakes and some eggs with a bagel, I grab some syrup and packs of cream cheese.