Chapter 3

*NOT EDITED*

As I walk into the house I rent with 3 other friends of mine, I can hear them in the living room

As I walk into the house I rent with 3 other friends of mine, I can hear them in the living room. I throw off my shoes and walk where the noise is coming from.

On the couch, Chase Jackson is sipping a beer with his arm around a brunette who is sucking his neck. On the television, a hockey game from last season is playing, Kings versus Flyers. The couch is L shaped so on the other end watching the game is Kai Grant.

I smack Kai on the back on the head as I head over to the armchair in front of the window. Kai flips the finger without taking his eyes off the game, I also notice Chase is watching it too.

"Where is Reid?" I ask, noticing my other roommates isn't here.

Kai is the one to answer, because now Chase is kissing the brunette back, "Reid...I'm pretty sure he's upstairs in bone town." Kai snickers. 

Of course Reid Matthew is fucking someone, he fucks more than he does breath but he plays hockey more than anything, he wants to go pro like me, we entered the draft at the same time.

"You want to go upstairs?" The brunette mutters to Chase, and I'm pretty sure she giving him an over the clothes hand job. Chase doesn't even answer her, he just stands up and leads her to his room.

"Speaking of fucks, how was the hot red head you had over last night, she's a screamer." Kai asks. Kai and I have been bestfriends since I could remember, were both from Davenport and go to Delcour University and play on the hockey team. All my roommates play on the hockey team. 

I shrug, "Good fuck, but she tried to talk after, like asking me out kind of talk." I say. 

"Chicks need to understand the drill, fuck and don't talk, or ask us out for that matter." He mutters. I chuckle. "I mean it's like go-to when you have hookups."

"Okay there bud, go off." Kai shoots me a looks which makes me laugh more.

"Did you get the email from Coach?" Kai asks.

I nod, "Yeah, but why would does he want a team meeting on a Sunday?" Which is today. I just came back from the facilities gym, where I ran into Coach Davis who reminded me of the meeting later, in about an hour.

"Maybe it's about our fist game after pre-season?" Kai voices the thought. Pre-season just ended, and the first game is Thursday.

"Maybe, but we have a practice tomorrow so he could've talked about it tomorrow so it could be something else, something more urgent?" I say. "How's your dad? He came to the game the other day." I change the subject.

"Dad's good. I also called mom yesterday, she doing good, the restaurant is popular." Jake Grant is like a father to me and Harper Lee is like a second mother to me. 

My father left my mother when he found out she was pregnant but I never missed him because my mom raised me the best she could, as both parental figures. When she was in court being a judge Kai's parents watched me. 

Harper has a restaurant in Davenport and Jake has a business in Chicago, so Jake comes to almost every game, Harper and my mom travel here together to watch our games whenever they can.

"How is Alice?" Kai asks.

"Mom's good, got a big court load this month, won't see much of her at the games." I shrug.

Before Kai could say something we hear footsteps coming down the stairs, Kai and I twist our heads to look who passes and we see a blonde scurry past wearing jeans and in middle of putting on her tee.

I look back at Kai and laugh, and then the shoe drops, Reid comes sauntering into the living room wearing black champion sweats. "What's up?" He runs a hand through his black hair.

"That's not the same chick from this morning." Kai points out. 

"No it's not, Sherlock." Reid says.

"Two girls in a 5 hour period. Woah when you said you don't do a chick twice you weren't joking." I mumble, but loud enough for both my roommates to hear.  

"I fuck the same girl more than twice," Reid protest, "Just wasn't feeling the chick from this morning." He mumbles the last part.

"Let's just hope Chase can fuck fast, we need to be at the arena in like an hour, so put on a fucking shirt Reid." Kai says, his focus back on the television. The Flyers just won. "Goddammit."

"I'm going to eat something." Reid says standing up. Me and Kai are the only good cooks in the house so were the only ones who do the cooking.

Me and Kai both decide were hungry too so we go in the kitchen to eat the leftover chicken and broccoli I made yesterday, per the teams nutritionist. About 30 minutes later Chase joins us after the brunette leaves. 

"Oh I totally forgot to tell you guys." Kai pipes up after putting his plate in the sink, we've all finished except for Chase but were all still at the table, "I was at the rink Friday, talking to Coach and I saw a guy on the rink, trying out I think. I asked Coach about it but all be said was we might have a new teammate, didn't say who though."

Chases fork stops midair, "What? Tryouts are done."

"Is he any good?" I ask, ignoring Chase.

Kai shrugs, "From what I saw he's really fast, didn't see him do anything else though, probably because I was talking to Coach." 

I furrow my brows. New teammate? It's after pre-season and Coach is bringing in a new guy.

"We riding separately or...?" Reid asks, still shirtless.

Which Kai makes a remark about, "Dude your riding alone to the arena if you don't get dressed, you moron." He mumbles.

Reid mumbles something as he goes upstairs to get ready.

As we leave the house, me and Kai carpool in my truck and Reid and Chase carpool in Reid's Audi.

As we pull in the parking lot there are a lot of familiar cars, so most of the team is already here. Kai and I walk into the arena with Reid and Chase following behind us. We walk into the lounge room, which is awesome by the way. Our arena has more than just locker rooms and a rink, we have a lounge room, kitchen even a gym and steam room.

The lounge has couches, armchairs, a huge tv, its like a huge game room.

As we walk in half the team in already here, our goalie Erik McClair, sits in an armchair talking to a newbie. "Hey Mick." I say as I pass. We call him Mick for his last name.

"Cap." He acknowledges. I sit down and talk while the rest of the team arrives.

Once the rest arrive Coach Davis walks in, but not alone. A blonde with vivid blue eyes follows him. "Listen up." All our attention is on him now. But half of mine is on the blonde, hot  blonde.

Chase leans towards me, "I know the chick, she's in my lit class." He mutters.

I'm about to talk when Coach does, "I know pre-season just started, and your used to the newbies but you'll have to get used to another." He nods towards the blonde, "This is your new teammate, most of you may know her father. This is Katherine Mitchell."