Chapter 34

*NOT EDITED*

If there's anything I've learned about Katherine since dating her is that she's the queen of avoiding stuff

I don't hate that about her even if it is a fault but she can't avoids things forever.

After hockey practice she wanted to stop at her apartment to change and then we went back to my house. 

And when I suggested we call her dad she avoided it by saying she had homework that she had to get done. Then when she was done, even before I said anything she said she was hungry.

And now we're all eating around the table. I glance over at Katherine and see she's eating extremely slowly. 

As if sensing where my mind is going and what I might say she turns to Reid, "Have you signed with the Rangers yet?" She asks, avoiding my stare.

He furrows his brows as he looks from me to Katherine before slowly answering, "Yeah I signed the contract last month."

She nods as if what he just told her was the best news ever.

But she didn't account for Chase realizing something's up. He points his fork at her, "What's going on with you?"

She looks at him, "Nothing." She says too fast.

He narrows his eyes on her, "Spit it out, Kitty." 

And now they're all looking at her with questionable eyes. 

"What makes you think anything is wrong?" She asks now avoiding all our stares.

Kai answers this time, "Well the fact that you've been, like, ignoring Rohan since you guys got here."

Her eyes go to me and I can see guilt in them. Fuck, she shouldn't feel guilty about trying to avoid this conversation. I would too if I were in her shoes.

She bites her lip, "I'm supposed to talk to my parents about..." She trails off. And they immediately understand.

"Do you want us to go or?" Reid asks wrly.

Her eyes widen, "No, you guys don't have to leave your own house." Now she stats eating faster.

I look up to them, "We'll do it in my room."

Then after eating Katherine offers to do all the dishes and clean the table. Obviously the boys wouldn't let her but she didn't back down without arguing.

I grab her hand, "C'mon, Fly."

She exhales, "Fine." She mumbles before we walk up stairs and to my room. She changes into one of my t-shirts then she goes to sit on my bed but I can see that her hands are shaking.

I sit down beside her and cup her jaw, "What are you scared of?" 

She shakes her head.

I rub my thumb over her cheek. "Are scared no one will believe you?"