Chapter 32

*NOT EDITED*

Something's happening to me

I think I might know but I've never felt like this before.

I look over to Katherine sleeping soundly and that feeling blooms. I shake my head as I look back to my book but I can't concentrate on the words, but the beautiful woman in my bed.

We left the Halloween party late last night, 12am late, so Katherine decided to sleep here. She didn't even drink but she crashed the minute she hit my bed.

I growl as I slam my book shut and place it on my bedside table. I sit up and walk to the bathroom. I take a shower but it doesn't distract me from the smart-mouthed woman whose got my head in the clouds.

When I get out of the shower Katherine is just waking up. She squints, "Do you have coffee?"

I laugh as I walk to her side and plant a chaste kiss on her lips. "We do have coffee, I'll make it while your in the shower." I go over to the dresser and grab sweatpants and slip them on.

She mumbles something incoherent and walks to the bathroom in only my shirt.

I walk downstairs and see that Kai is the only one awake downstairs. 

He leans back at the table, "Is Katherine here?" He asks, taking a bite of cereal.

I go over to the Keurig, "Yeah." I grab a mug and start making the coffee.

A pause, "You guys didn't...?" He trails off.

I grin as I look at him, "Oh yeah we did, like 5 times. Did you hear us? I know the wall separating our room is, like, paper thin." I lean against the counter as the coffee pours.

He scrunches his nose, "Gross, Ro. At least wait until no ones home."

I chuckle, "No we didn't fuck. She passed out when we got back." I say. Katherine's coffee is done so I grab it and bring it upstairs. 

She's not done in the shower but not even 5 minutes later Katherine walks out of the bathroom and her face lights up when she sees the coffee. She grabs it, sips it, and literally groans.

"Would you two like a moment alone?" I ask laughing.

She glowers, "Yes." She goes back into the bathroom. Okay, not a morning person.

I laugh to myself as I go to my closet and grab a t-shirt and jeans. 

Katherine walks back out and she actually looks awake now. She brought over a change of clothes yesterday so she just changes into that which is jeans and a hoodie.

Something outside my window catches my attention, I walk over and see that it's snowing. I look at Katherine, "Come look."

She looks over to me, furrows her brows for a second before smiling like a child and running over. She gasps before opening my window. "God I love winter."

But I'm looking at her because how her face is lighting up make me happy. I would do anything to keep that smile on her face. 

I cup her jaw, making her look at me. I kiss her, a long and deep kiss that leaves her breathing heavily when I let go. "Hai l'odore di me." I mutter.

She furrows her brows, "What?"

I frown but then realize I spoke Italian. "Did you bring a jacket?" I ask instead, running my thumb across her cheek.

She doesn't answer for a second but when she does her voice is husky, "No."

I peck her lips before walking to my closet and grabbing my hockey jacket. I hand it to her before grabbing my bag. We take my truck to school.

My class isn't for another 30 minutes but Katherine's writing class is in 15 minutes so I walk her to her class. 

But I freeze when I see who's just walked into the class. And from the way Katherine stiffens, she's also noticed.

Red, hot, fury washes through my veins and I suddenly feel the need to punch him again, but not just that, I feel the need to kill him for making Katherine react like this, for doing what he did to her.

I turn her to look to me, "You do not need to go into there, we're talking to James today, he'll be gone by tomorrow." I say, grabbing her hand.

She takes a shuddering breath while looking at my chest. She looks into my eyes, "I'm good. I missed too much."

I wait in case she changes her mind. But she doesn't, "Okay, I'll pick you up after class?" I say it as a question.

She nods. "Thank you, babe." She says before kissing me. She smirks, "Your fly is down." She says before walking away.

I quickly check but when I see that my fly is up I furrow my brows and look at her retreating form. She's laughing, and then I realize why she said it.

I shake my head, smiling as I start walking to my class.