Chapter 2

*NOT EDITED*

I'm sitting on the couch━wearing leggings and one of my Columbia jerseys━flipping through the channels as I either wait for Lexi to get back from class, or wait until I have to leave and go to the arena

I'm just getting to the boring channels when I hear the door unlock. I immediately shut off the television and jump to my feet. I walk over to the counter and lean on it as Lexi walks in while taking off her coat. She's wearing black skinny jeans paired with what looks like a black cropped tank with a cropped white button sweater.

She releases a breath before dropping her bag and purse on the ground, "Holy shit." She mutter, going over to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle and popping it open.

I furrow my brows, "What happened?" I ask.

"This cocky guy in my class is so fucking annoying." She groans, "It's like he thinks he's the best." She mumbles.

"Wait are we talking about that Mason dude?" I ask. Lexi is majoring to become a teacher, and ever since her first day she's been complaining about this guy named Mason, who's always nagging her or trying to one-up her, and I've heard about every encounter.

"Mhm." She says taking a huge sip of water, but as if she remembered where she is, she asks, "Why did the coach want to see you?"

I smile big, "Get this, Coach Davis offered me a spot on the boys hockey team. Like to play alongside the boys." Lexi's eyes go wide, then a grin spreads over her face.

She practically runs up to me and tramples me with a hug, stealing the air from my lungs. She's beaming when we retract, "That is so awesome Kat!" 

That nickname bugs the living hell out of me but Lexi is the only person I'll let call me that. "It is." I say. "I'm supposed to meet Coach at the arena━" I look at the time, "In an hour."

"Okay so tell me everything." She says as she scurries over to the couch. I muffle a laugh as I join her on the couch. She listens as I tell her my encounter with Coach Davis.

She's smirking, "Do you even know who's on the hockey team?"

I think back to my lit class, "I saw this one guy in my lit class with a hockey jacket, Chase Jackson was his name I think."

"Yeah, he's on the team. All the players are....well players, outside the arena and inside the bed. The biggest one is Reid Matthews, but he doesn't let it affect his game because he want to go pro, pretty sure he entered the draft." Lexi knows almost as much about hockey as me because she came to every single one of my hockey games.

I listen because honestly, hearing about who I might be playing alongside with is something I want to hear about.

"And then there is the captain of the team, Rohan Griffin. He takes hockey very seriously, wants to go pro, he's a defenseman, as well as Reid. Um and...oh you know in every team there's always that one player who plays dirty by the rules? What do you call them? Dips?" She smiles. I roll my eyes. 

When I was younger and saw players who played dirty I called them Dips, stands for dirty player. I was like 5, but I still call them that, and so does Lexi.

"Anyways, the Dip on the team is Liam Aberman, he's a junior but plays dirty and by the rules. It works but other teams hate it. Um there is also Kai Grant, he's the...less of a playboy on the team. He does sleep with a lot of girls but doesn't flaunt them like the others, and I'm pretty sure he's a center like you." She says, finishing off naming the players.

"So which one's more of an asshole?" I joke.

Lexi giggles but actually answers, "Okay well what I've heard from my classmates are that they're all assholes but cocky assholes. But sometimes it's funny cocky." She shrugs. "I barely talk to the hockey players."

I nod, "OK, well I need to get ready to leave but will you still be here when I get back?" I ask standing up.

She looks sheepish, "Uh yeah I will...I invited Brayden over to watch a movie is that okay?" She asks.

"Yeah that's fine, why wouldn't it be. Should I like not come home?" 

She looked baffled, "Oh my god, Katherine, we're not having sex. We're just going to have a movie night, you could join." 

"Um...sure." I smile awkwardly.

She rolls her eyes, "Your so dramatic Katherine, just go play hockey, that makes you happy."

I flip her the finger and go to my room. I decide not to wear my Columbia jersey so I change into an oversized hoodie. My hockey bag is already in the box of my truck so I just grab my purse and water bottle as I leave the apartment.

🏒 🏒 🏒

I park in the lot of the arena. Other than my truck, another truck━red truck━sits a couple spots away. I hop out and go around to grab my bag. I walk inside just as Coach Davis is exiting his office.

"Katherine, good your here." He points behind him, "You can change in the visitors locker room." 

I nod before going to the visitors locker room. While changing I start wondering, I might play on the very team my father━James Mitchell was drafted on, and he doesn't even know. I didn't want to tell him because I wasn't officially on it, but if it goes well tonight I'm definitely calling him, and mom.

Then I start wondering what will happen when I'm on the team, I know for a fact most of the boys won't like it even if I am James Mitchell's daughter. 

Once I'm finished, I walk out to the rink. Coach has opened the rink door but isn't here, so he must be in his office. I just go onto the rink and start skating.

About five minutes later I look over and see Coach walking out of his office, but he's not alone. He's walking out alongside a tall guy, all I can see from where I am is what looks like light brown hair and very muscular body, must be a hockey player, or any athlete but considering he's talking to Coach he's probably a hockey player.

The tall guy looks over at me, says something and then Coach looks over and says something else. They say few more words and he leaves.

Okay then?