Prologue

"Come on, guys!" I heard Alyanna Echavez shrieked in glee and surprise when our friends poured freshly opened cans of soda on her. "Euww! Gross! Ako na naman ang trip nyo, ha!"

Today is her birthday and I arranged a party for her.

Me and Aly have been the best of friends for more than five years already. We started off as seatmates during our sixth grade and eventually became best buddies as time passed by.

Aside from her, our duo widened and became a circle when Crystalline Belarmino and Deirdre Gonzales entered the scenes.

We were called the alphabet girls because of the 1st letters of our names: Alyanna, Brittany, Crystalline and Deirdre.

We erupted into squeals and laughter as we started to bond over movies and good food.

It was a bonding we always look forward to. We are avid fans of great movie marathons over a bowl of popcorn and snacks.

We were always this close and bonded with each other.

Until we began to grow apart and the squad is no longer existing.

I closed my eyes at the flash of memories that came over me.

They were all so vivid that I would never forget.

Both happy and bad ones.

Because after that day, I never realized that things will never be the same again.

I met someone.

Someone who shook my world and got the best of me.

I was smiling from ear to ear when I saw him waiting patiently for me in front of our classroom.

His bright blue eyes make it obvious that he is indeed of another race. His smile that makes women swoon over him.

He was the most beautiful man for me. He was the love of my life.

He showered me with love. With unending praises. With nonstop gifts for no reasons.

We were in-love.

So blissfully in-love.

He was my world.

He was my everything.

He was practically my life.

I thought we will be like this until our hairs turn grey.

That everything will work out for the two of us.

That everything is agreeing to our heart's desires.

But, it was not meant to stay forever.

Because the day that I started loving him, it never occurred to me that I will be tormented this much.

Never had I thought that things will be this tough to endure.

We were happy.

For the first two years, we were.

Even our friends didn't think that we would make it that far.

The warnings.

The signs.

I have ignored all those things.

It was a mistake.

I never should have doubted my instincts.

My guts.

I should have did it beforehand.

But, I was too drowned in the relationship we had.

It was a blinding and sickening love.

A love that made things difficult for everyone else.

And for me.

It was only then that I realized that while I was loving him, I am slowly losing myself in the process.

It was a change that cause a tumultuous sound in my life.

And, I cannot find a way to move forward.