Eighteen

My forehead creased with what I just received from him. He has been giving me that silent treatment since he fetched me from the university.

It has been three days and I can't figure out what was wrong with him and what have I done to receive this kind of treatment from him.

"Thanks for the ride. Ingat sa pagdrive." I said when he dropped me off at the Main Gate. I lifted my shoulder bag and closed the door as I went out.

I stared at him expecting him to smile and tell me to be safe and the time he will be here to fetch me but he sped off without a word. I was left hanging just like that.

Disappointed with his actions, I went inside and tried to move on from it.

"Aba'y atitod si koya!" I heard Alvin's voice and I saw him approaching me. We began walking together to our building that is not too far away from the gate.

"Woi! Ano ganap? Parang nasa parke lang kayong dalawa ha!" We heard Jewel's voice and we both turned our heads to her. We stopped walking and waited until she caught up with us.

Then, we started walking together and she resumed to blabbering about how difficult it was to commute at this time of day.

"Ang daldal mo, Jew!" Joana exclaimed, ran to us and linked her arms between me and Jewel while the latter linked hers with Alvin.

Us, four, were practically blocking the sidewalk. Thankfully, no one is behind us.

The sun is beautiful at six forty-five in the morning and I basked in its glory trying to avoid thinking about Damon's queer behavior earlier.

"Ano ba meron at nagsesenti yata kayo dyan?" Joana asked in curiosity, her brown eyes narrowed in response as she turned to look at me and at Jewel beside her.

"Si ate mo girl," Alvin began and pointed his lips at me, "dinedmatology ni boyfie. Mukhang there's a lovers' quarrel unfolding in the air."

"Ang tagal na nyan ha!" Jewel commented as we neared the entrance of our building. "Wala na sa lugar pagiging seloso nyan kila Alvina at Tristan!"

"Heard my name!" Tristan grinned and we turned to look at him. He got inside the building earlier than us. "Ano meron? Ang tatagal nyong dumating ha! Petsa na!"

"Wala, sabi ko ang gwapo mo." Alvin said sweetly at him and uncuffed his arms from Jewel and ran to his side. Us, girls, laughed when Tristan escaped from his clingy persona.

"Tigilan mo nga ako, Vin. Mas mukha ka pang lalaki sa akin eh!" Tristan rolled his eyes as we walked up the second floor where our first class will be held.

Yes, it is true. Alvin has buff arms and well-toned body. He also has smooth skin which according to him, is because of their Westernized genes.

Apart from that, Alvin has the height of a basketball player. He stands about six feet tall and is taller than Tristan.

"Relax, ako lang to!" Alvin joked and we laughed along with Tristan.

"Hey, 'Stan!" Arnold Gray bumped fists with him when we entered our classroom. "Tuloy ba mamaya after class?" He grinned at him and us, frowned at Tristan who winked at the former.

"Of course! Later, dude!" Tristan nodded and went to his chair.

"Ikaw ha! Kung ano ano na naman pinaplano mo, hindi mo kami sinasama!" Jewel hissed at him as they sat down.

The two of them are seatmates while me and Joana are both seated at the back of the room. Alvin was separated from us at the front due to him being nearsighted.

"Pakialamera ka talaga, Jew!" Joana commented and slapped her arm playfully. "Yaan mo si Stan, malaki na yan!"

"Buti pa sa Mami Ana, understanding. Masyado kang eme eme dyan, Jew!" Tristan stuck his tongue out at her and I could only shake my head at their childishness.

"Mga batang ito talaga!" Joana sighed and rested her chin on the back of her palm. And then, she turned to me, "seriously, Brit, is Damon not over being jealous yet? Ang toxic nya ha! Kahit wala akong boyfriend, naiistress ako sa attitude nya!"

"Yaan mo na. Hindi ko na nga lang iniisip dahil sa dami ng dapat kong gawin. Pasasaan ba at mahihimasmasan din sya." I said managing to sound positive.

"Tingnan-tingnan mo din yang boyfriend mo. Wala pa kayong isang taon pero grabe na makabantay sayo. Hindi maiiwasan na hindi mo kausapin mga tao sa paligid mo. Estudyante ka at nagmamanage ka ng kumpanya niyo, napaka-imposibleng wala kang makakahalubilong mga lalaki. Hindi healthy ang sobrang seloso sa isang relasyon." Joana said in a long explanation.

She has a point.

Damon really has to outgrow his jealousy.

But how should I make him realize that?

Do I have to initiate the talk? Or let him reflect on it?