Thirty Nine

Life doesn't get any sweeter if not with friends around me.

"OMG! Are you sure stressed ka nyan, beshy?" Jewel asked as soon as we saw each other. Her usually cheerful tone became even more lively as we matured. Alvin, her boyfriend, (finally, he has decided on his identity), came beside her.

"I miss you, besh!" He exclaimed and gave me a hug.

"Wow, lalim naman non!" I chuckled pertaining to his deep, manly voice when he put me down.

Tonight is our get-together here in Timog. I have to give it to them for their consideration in meet-ups.  They always find a place somewhere near my residence.

"Wala eh. Mahal ko." He said and gestured to the woman beside her who blushed.

"Yieee! Sana lahat!" I exclaimed and we laughed. We began to sit down and I looked around. "Where's Joana?"

"Malelate daw ang beshy. Natraffic. And Stan is just parking his car somewhere here. Sumabay yata si Cotton and Lionel sa kanya." Jewel filled me in with the details and I smiled sheepishly at her. "Gusto mo na no?"

My eyes widened as if I have been caught offguard.

His face and smile immediately popped into my head. His gentleness and humor suddenly filled my thoughts.

"Give yourself a break. You deserve to be happy, Brit. Besides, we all know him so well. He is not the type to just disappoint you and leave you hanging. I am sure that you can see it too. Just like us. Right, hon?" Her lips curved into a smile and Alvin
raised his eyebrow knowingly at me.

"Yes. Aside from that, if ever he will cheat on you, which he certainly won't, you have us to back you up. Kabisado namin ang baho niya. Lalabas ko mga uhugin niyang pictures tapos ilalagay ko sa lahat ng social media sites. May kilala akong hacker. Papalagay ko lahat ng kadugyutan—" his words were cut off when we heard familiar voices at the background.

"Yow! 'Zup, guys!" Lionel grinned and gave Alvin a fist bump and kissed both me and Jewel on the cheek. His twin, Cotton, did the same. And, Tristan too.

Once all of us were seated, Lionel beside Alvin, Cotton, beside me with an empty chair between him and Jewel and Tristan between me and Lionel, we began to engage in a conversation. Until, someone put hands over my eyes behind me.

"Guess who am I?" She asked and I chortled.

"Babae ba 'to? May mata, may ilong at may bibig?" I asked playfully, my eyes still closed.

"Hayop yan! Hayop!" Alvin yelled and I can feel that Joana gave him the look of death so he shut up.

"Mas mukha ka pang hayop sa akin, 'Vin!" She defended herself and removed her hands over my eyes. She pecked on my cheek and patted the guys and frowned when she saw where the empty chair is at.

"Ooops! Trouble in paradise?" Lionel asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ayaw mo akong katabi, beshy?" Jewel pouted at her and she sighed.

"Kung hindi lang kita mahal, besh eh." She exhaled and walked towards Jewel who clapped triumphantly.

"Naol, mahal." Lionel commented and shook his head.

Then, we all looked at each other once we are all settled.

"Ano, magtititigan na lang ba tayo rito? Tom Jones na akooo!" Alvin exclaimed.

"Wawa man, bebe boy ko." Jewel cooed and it was both Cotton and Lionel who booed their actuation towards each other.

"PDA! PDA!" Lionel roared while Cotton bellowed, "Umay! Get a room, guys!"