Thirty Two

It has been a year since the business party. Me and Damon separated in a matter of minutes at the event.

It was as if neither of us existed. Like we have become strangers to each other. Like the relationship we had never existed in history.

No other contact has been made. No communications. Only utter silence.

It was both a relief and disappointing to know and feel.

Relieved because the relationship we had has become a little toxic lately.

Disappointing because of the years we have spent together. He was a great guy. The first few years we had was a good one.

But, I guess, some good things never last. Not everything is meant to stay forever.

It also has been a couple of months since me and my friends graduated from college. Yes, a year had passed by so quickly and finally, a whole new life is ahead of us.

It isn't completely new to me since I took over the family business but having no worries to arrive at school late is entirely a different thing.

In our company, I have my own time. I can technically freely do what I want whenever I want.
But the ethics I have learned in college is instilled in me.

I always see to it that I arrive on time and if possible, leave office accordingly.

If before, I am not always visible in the company, I have more time to do it now. I even roam around and regularly meet the heads of each department and have our general meeting every 10th of the month.

The Board Of Directors Meeting takes place every 20th of the 6th month. Thankfully, our sales have skyrocketed in two years. S Footgears has a new brand this year and my friends, Cotton and Elliott have been our resident official endorsers of the products.

Jewel finally was able to have her own line of jewelries and Alvin had launched his Couture store. Joana, on the other hand, took over their family business which is cosmetic line. As for Tristan, he is currently on a business trip in California for their family business as well. Particularly, Suits & Ties.

Both Cotton and Lionel still run their coffee shop but the latter is more visible in the field of endorsements than his twin who's been frequenting on benchmarking restaurants. I guess, Cotton is more on the foodie type, from the looks of it.

Everybody has gotten a life of their own. All has everything going. Each one of us are slowly taking over the industry.

As for my former friends, the Alphabet Squad... Well, there weren't much talks since the news about my ex and the former best friend.

Even Deirdre isn't that reachable lately. From what I heard, she's taking up masters in her field. Crystalline, on the other hand, seemed to be busy with her own stuff.

I didn't have to bother even checking on them since they have been pretty visible with their Facebook accounts. Posting of their whereabouts and whatnots.

With regards to who's dating who, well. I have to say, Cotton has been persistent in getting back with Joana since we graduated. Alvin has somehow resolved his identity crisis and is manning up to Jewel. He has began courting her after we got our diplomas.

What about Tristan? Well, he still is single. According to him, he loves somebody and will still wait for her until she has fully moved on. Such a lucky girl.

Tristan is just too good to be true. He has the looks any woman can dream of. He has a sense of humor. He is witty and a gentleman. What's not to like about him? I just hope that woman would see that side of him and give in to him already! He deserves to be happy.

As for me...

Well, I am on the road to recovery, I guess.

I am not closing my doors. I just need time to heal and only time can tell when.

It has been almost six years since my parents passed away. Six years since Kuya Benson started living abroad.

It has been a year since the break-up with Damon. It is still painful.

But, I know, I can make it.

I have to.

I need to.

I just can't see myself giving up on life.

I am born to win over life's obstacles.

I am born to survive each passing day with a smile on my face.

I just have to deal with everything head-on.