Twenty Three

I tapped my foot impatiently as I checked my watch. It has been exactly two hours since our expected date night.

Damon already told me earlier that he has a meeting tonight with his potential investors. I even suggested to postpone it but he insisted since according to him, he misses me already.

I let out an exasperated sigh and signaled the waiter to refill my iced tea which he gladly did.

I tried admiring the intricate details of the restaurant and even noted it on my phone's notepad to give me an idea on my target appearance of the office when I feel like decorating it.

Killing time is not my cup of tea. I hate late and being late. That's why I always put everything both on my planner and on my cellphone calendar.

Nakakahiya sa part ng naghihintay. The effort to make it on time is there. From travel time to planning ahead of schedule.

That is the reason why I value time so much. And I always apply it every time and every where I go.

I am in our favorite restaurant, Moonbay Lounge, and I was delighted when he mentioned it yesterday. I do miss him too.

And, it's the weekend.

He knows how much I am looking forward to eating out with him because I have been stressing out with internship and other school requirements.

My phone beeped and I eagerly swiped it to see who it was.

My smile died when it was our Group Chat who popped on my screen.

Choco Loco Squad

Jewel:
I am so bored, guys!
Wala man lang bang magyayaya
Sa akin na maghang-out dyan?
👀

Joana:
Tulog mo yan, Jew.

Alvin:
Tara! Roadtrip tayo!
Gusto kong matutong magdrive!
Lalalalala!

Jewel:
Kahit na wala akong kotse!
Lalallala!

Tristan:
Tara, G?

I shook my head at their cuteness. Even in my disappointment, they can make me smile. I turned my wrist again and learned that it is already past seven o' clock.

I didn't even bother to call on the waiter as I pulled out some bills and placed it on top of the table as payment for the drinks I had. I was about to walk to the restaurant's exit door when my phone beeped again.

Choco Loco Squad

Alvin:
Wag kang seener, Britania!
Galawin mo ang kandila!

Jewel:
Gags! Lokaret ka, babe!
Seen by all
Unsent a  message
Gags! Lokaret ka, bakla!

Tristan:
Otw na kami sa kung saan, Brit.
You coming?

I couldn't help grinning so I typed a quick reply as I head out the door.

Brittany:
I'm at Mcdo along Q-Hway.
A couple of blocks away from the house...
San ba kayo banda?

I said and was about to walk to the side of Mcdonalds when a car honked behind me. I turned to see the car window being pulled down.

"Miss, ang sexy mo. Pwede ka ba?" Alvin's deep voice earned laughter from me and I saw who were at the backseat.

The girls waved at me and I grinned at the sight of them. I pulled open the backseat door and Jewel scooted closer to Joana.

Tristan started the engine and drove out of Moonbay Lounge.

"Bakla ka! Mcdo ka pa ha!" Alvin remarked looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"Baks!" Jewel glared at him as if to warn him. "Ay ang bongga ng outfitan mo, Brit! Ganda yarn?"

I felt my face flushed with embarrassment when they noticed my dress. The red bodycon dress is hugging my body, indeed.

"Ang seductive ng peg!" Alvin commented and even clapped with my look.

"So, saan ang gora?" I tried to change the topic and gladly, Joana backed me up with a wink.

"How about we go to Cloud 9 in Antipolo?" She suggested and we squealed.

"Goo, gooo, go!" Alvin agreed and Tristan chuckled.

"Ayt!" Tristan bobbed his head in approval. "Off we go!"

3rd Person's POV

Deirdre was engrossed with typing her research paper in Soft Brews and was seated at far corner of the Coffee Shop. She was about to close her laptop and head home when she saw who entered.

It was her friend, Alyanna.

It has been more than a month and she missed her friends. She was about to smile and call her but who her friend came with was a shock to her.

It was Damon.

Brittany's boyfriend.

She gasped when the two exchanged kisses. She couldn't believe her eyes.

How long have they been betraying Brittany?

Will she even tell Brittany about what was happening behind her back?

How could Alyanna do that to their friend?

Is she even in the position to meddle with their business even if it's for her own good?

Or should she just leave it to them to sort their feelings out?