Twenty Six

3rd Person's POV

Two weeks before the Business Party..

Admins and staff of the elite became busy with the event. The hotel where the party will be held will be adorned with an array of gold and black.

Royal Elegance.

Black and Gold.

That will be the theme of this year's event.

Meanwhile, it is also Brittany's start of 3rd Year, 2nd semester in college.
Just one more year and she will be graduating soon.

She only has two majors left, two minors and one elective. They were being given operation research as part of their curriculum.

For her, being able to inherit the family's company is an advantage. Along with that, she was able to complete her crash course in Business which makes things a lot easier to handle.

Lesser stress but greater responsibilities.

An irony of life.

In between work and college, she didn't let negativity get in the way.
She maintained her cool.

She balanced her time juggling between career, lovelife and social life.

If before, she just goes with the flow, now, she goes out of her comfort zone. Her horizons broadened.

If there is one thing she has learned about life lately, it is to make the most out of everything. To live life to the fullest while maintaining her principles and dignity.

She has now become the life of the party. Her friends welcomed and accepted the better version of herself.

Damon loved her even more. They became closer and he became sweeter.

Recently, they celebrated their first anniversary and he was adorable. He surprised her with a date at a private yacht which according to him is just one of his inheritance.

Not long ago, he launched their family's line of hotel chains in the European sector and he got his share being its sole heir.

Yup. He is that rich.

She has gotten to know that fact just recently. He definitely surprised her with everything else.

Anyone could mistake them as young honeymooners as they will often be seen publicly during their monthsaries.

At first, it was totally new to Brittany. But as time goes by, she learned to live the luxurious life.

The perks of being the heiress of one of the biggest retail companies and being with a hotel heir, her significant other who's popularly known as Damon.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, lies a secret which only she doesn't know.

She has become the talk of the town.

"Miss Valeen, to my office, please." Brittany sighed in exhaustion.

Moments later, Valeen entered her room in disappointment and worry evident on her face. On her hand was a tablet. She handed it to her and she frowned in confusion.

"The heir of Hilbert Hotels was seen with the daughter of a big Aviation Company being intimate with each other." A video was seen with the blurred faces of the rumored elite couple.

"News Flash: Hilbert Hotels heir being cozy with Aviation Company heiress in a popular coffee shop." Another angle inside the shop was shown.

The two people seemed to be familiar and even the names are but she couldn't pinpoint what it is.

"- Damon Rodriguez appearing all sweet with Alyanna Echavez at Soft Brew-"

"Ano ba meron sa tab-" she asked in annoyance at Valeen but stopped when she heard the names being dropped by the reporter.

Hot tears escaped from her eyes and she returned her attention back to the tablet. She placed her finger on top of it and rewinded the video.

She couldn't believe her ears. She just have to repeat that again.

"- Damon Rodriguez appearing all sweet with Alyanna Echavez at Soft Brew-"

"I know I am not in the position to say this, Brittany, but it's better that you hear and see it first. News have travelled fast." Miss Valeen exhaled and held her hand as she sat across hers. "Be it a rumor or not, stay calm. Verify them first. Ask him. Observe him. Do not be swayed with the news. But do not be naive and dense. I don't want to see you like this. But, I am always here, baby Brit. Ate Valeen is here."

Miss Valeen is right, she thought.
I have to have a plan and let them talk.

And then she remembered about the Business Party in two weeks time.

She assumed both will be present. She heaved a deep breath and wiped her tears before she smiled at Valeen, "salamat, Ate. I'll handle this on my own."

Confused, Valeen let her have her way. She just prayed that her boss wouldn't do anything drastic.

 She just prayed that her boss wouldn't do anything drastic