Three

"Kuya!" I hissed when he was about to enter his bedroom at the second floor.

I already peeked downstairs and silence filled the air signaling our visitor has gone to sleep in the guest room before I went to Kuya Benson's.

"Yes, Sis?" He paused for a second and eyed me outside his bedroom. He was holding the doorknob and was clad in his muscle tee and pajamas too.

"How long is your friend staying here? And alam ba nila Mom ang tungkol dito?" I hissed at him and he stifled a giggle.

"Really, Sis? Seriously? Since when do you care about what they were saying? I thought labas sa kabilang tenga mga sinasabi nila sayo?" He laughed.

"Kuya! Hindi ako sanay ng may ibang tao dito sa bahay bukod sa atin!" I protested. "Lalo na for one week!"

"Look, Sis. He is staying downstairs. He wouldn't even dare to go up here. He just needs a place to stay." Kuya Benson sighed.

"One week. After that, he's outta here." I said not trying to argue anymore and turned on my heel to my room.

I decided to succumb to sleep. I don't intend to worry so much about him or the guy downstairs. I already have so much on my plate.

Morning came and I woke up to the smell of bacon and longganisa. I had already showered and in my school uniform with my shoulder bag in my hand when I went downstairs.

I saw the guy, Damon, cooking comfortably in our kitchen. His biceps are visible under the light and glistened as if trying to seek my attention.

"Morning, Britney Spears. Umupo ka na at male-late ka na." He said and turned off the stove. He placed a couple of longganisa on the saucer and a generous amount of bacon on the other.

"Quit calling me that. I am fine with Brit." I scoffed and sat on my place. "Oh, naalala ko nga pala, hindi pala tayo close. Brittany will do." I added and grabbed on the bowl of rice to help myself. I put on some longganisa and a couple of ketchup to feed my cravings. I ate my food in silence not minding our guest.

"Hinay-hinay, wala kang kaagaw." I heard him chuckle as he ate as well.
I shot him a glare and he raised his hands in surrender. "Sabi ko nga, kain ka lang."

"Wala ka bang klase ngayon at feel at home ka masyado sa bahay namin?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

He shook his head as he chewed his food. He swallowed before he answered, "I have no classes every Wednesday. Your brother has. He told me to feel at home here so I think there was no problem. Unless..."

"Ano pa nga ba magagawa ko? My brother didn't even asked my permission." I exclaimed. My gaze travelled to our kitchen wall clock and my eyes widened,"-— oh, shocks! I'm running late!"

I stood up abruptly and my heart was torn between washing the dishes and leaving him alone in our house.

I cannot just entrust this house, our house, to him. I just met him in less than twenty four hours!

"Hey, chill. Wala akong planong masama. Walang mawawala sa bahay nyo. Can you at least give me 5% of your trust?" He asked as if he was reading my mind. "Tell you what, I have my car keys with me. Ihahatid na kita."

"Bilis! 30 minutes na lang, time na!" I rushed and pulled his arm towards our door and gate.

True enough, his blue audi was parked outside our house. He automatically pressed the keyfob and I ran to the passenger seat.
I blew an air and checked my face at the mirror to see if I have some crumbs of rice stuck on my teeth.

"Aish! Hindi pa ako nakapagtoothbrush ulit!" I groaned in frustration as he maneuvered the car to my school. He cackled and pulled something at his compartment and handed it to me.

"Here's some mint. That will keep your breath fresh for the meantime... or until your recess time." He smiled at me.

I accepted it and mumbled my thanks before I popped it into my mouth. I realized I haven't even told him about my school so I was surprised that he knows his way around and made a shortcut too.

"Easy. I was a graduate there too. Well, two years ago." He supplied when he noticed my confusion. "Masyado ka namang namamangha sa kapogian ko." He winked at me and I gaped at his confidence.

He parked the car near the entrance of the building where Aly and Deirdre were waiting. With no time left to argue, I stepped out of his car.

The girls immediately noticed my presence as I approached them.
Being my grateful self, I said my thanks and he waved at me before he sped off the entrance.

"Holy cow!" That was Crystal's shrill voice when she and Deirdre yanked my arm to the school grounds. "The who ang papey na iyon? He's hot!"

"Tigilan nyo ko! 15 minutes na lang!" I snapped and clung to the strap of my shoulder bag. "Teka, si Aly?"

Deirdre shrugged and gestured at Crystal. I looked at the latter who shook her head.

"Absent." Crystal simply said and we sat at our assigned chairs at the middle of the classroom. "Andyan ang kanyang mother dear. You know the drill."

I sighed. I really am getting worried about her.

I just hope she's okay.