Six

"Sissy!" I exclaimed when I saw Aly's forlorn face. She was staring into space when I emerged from the classroom door.

It was almost dismissal time and I was tasked to talk to the Student Council President for some errands by our Class Vice President. Since I have nothing to do that time, I obliged.

Besides, I am in a good mood because of the results I got from the entrance exams.

"Yeah?" Aly asked blankly. She blinked as if she saw me just now.

"Are you alright?" I suddenly asked as I sat beside her. Today is scheduled for pending group works for our subject in Science before we have our final exams for Fourth Quarter in one month time.

Aly smiled and nodded. She frowned when she noticed something in me.

"Wait, why do I feel that something is going on with you and we don't have any idea about it?" She asked raising an eyebrow at me.

Just like that, we caught both Deirdre's and Crystal's attention and we found ourselves facing each other.

"Blooming si ate mo girl!" Crystal exclaimed.

I blushed and creased my forehead.
"Who? Aly?" I asked feigning my surprise.

"Obviously, not me!" Aly bellowed and erupted into giggles. "Quit pretending, Brittany girl! Ha! I just knew it! Are you and that hot-Damon a couple now?"

"Holy molly!" Crystal's eyes widened in realization as I shook my head in frustration.

"No way!" I answered. "The guy simply doesn't know his identity at all!"

"Hwat?" The three girls exclaimed in unison.

The typically silent and nicest Deirdre's voice was the loudest at that moment which earned looks of surprise from our classmates.

"Sorry!" Deirdre grinned and flashed them a sheepish smile and peace sign. She leaned at our circle and hissed, "is Damon gay?"

I sighed and began to tell them a few details about what happened yesternight. The girls were listening and sharing their thoughts about him and even made their own theories. Somehow, it lightened up my doubts and uncertainties about my nagging growing feelings for him.

"Tell you what. Why don't you let us spend the afternoon over at your house this weekend and see what he thinks about us and you in particular?" That was Deirdre's suggestion while we were on our way home inside Crystal's car.

"That is a great idea, sissy!" Aly laughed still not getting over what she learned about my little dilemma awhile ago.

"I don't kn—" I mumbled still undecided about their plans for the weekend.

"—ay nako, sissy! Let us help you. So you can stop thinking about it. And calm your mind." Aly started to insist her idea that gained the approval of Deirdre.

"Uhm.. okay?" I finally said with a hint of doubt in my voice.

---

Morning came and I was almost getting panicky when I realized that it is Saturday.

Is it really Saturday?

The weekend that I was both dreading and looking forward to.

The day when my friends will help me and push through with our plan: make Damon admit his feelings for me.

It was both a risky and tight situation since I don't have any idea what he is up to for this weekend.

The last time I checked, well, remembered was he has plans to have his car washed at the Casa today but I just don't know what time.

The girls planned to have a pajama party tonight and I don't know what Kuya Benson will say when he will meet the squad again.

The last time he met Aly, they completely got on each other's necks. They became mortal enemies of each other.

She loathed his presence but for some reason recently, she doesn't care about his presence anymore when I mentioned Kuya Benson will be watching over us.

"Hello, Damon!" Crystal's cheery voice boomed as soon as she arrived with Deirdre giving him a polite smile.

Damon was in his signature sando shirt and loose shorts and is busy checking the top cabinets for a snack.

The girls arrived at four in the afternoon and have their small bags with overnight clothes and our usual stuff.

"Brit! You are so looking lovely today!" Aly grinned and winked at me. Her voice louder than usual.

I simply checked myself out. I wore my usual thing at home: loose shorts and a spaghetti strap top. Nothing grand.

"Thank you, sissy! You look fab too!" I said, glaring at her obvious remark.

Damon seemed to have heard her compliment and checked me out.
Us, girls, are at the living room as we watch Netflix.

From where he is, he can see me directly as I sat at the single-seater couch while my friends are at the longer one.

For some weird reason, our eyes met and he grinned at me. My cheeks warmed up and I tried to smile coolly.

"Is he getting it?" Deirdre whispered, nudging Crystal beside her.

"I think so, he looked at us to check B out." Aly whispered back.

"Sshhh!" I hissed and I started to raise the volume of the movie we were watching to drown our voices.

Little did I know that he has passed by my side and scooted to sit on the armrest where I am at. He placed two bowls of popcorn and cans of soda for them and a pineapple for me.

"So, how are you, girls? May I join in?" He flashed us a grin and I gaped at him in shock.

The girls' eyes widened and we darted glances at each other, unsure of the next move.

But we all share the same view: is he about to open up? Or am I doomed for another puzzle?