Twenty One

3rd Person's POV

Crystal sighed in exasperation when she got to her room. Her parents have been bombarding her to attend the Masquerade Business Party on the Twenty Fifth of October.

Approximately two months from now. Kung tutuusin, malayo pa. Matagal pa. But they are just too persistent for events like this.

It's the time of year when the famous people in the industry of retail and merchandise meet either to socialize, to arrange marriages for their children or to simply talk about business ventures.

It is popularly called as the Black and White Party in their prestigious  world. But, each year, the theme changes.

And, the time which she hates the most.

It will be the second time she wouldn't be attending and still doesn't plan to take part in but her parents, specifically, her father demands her to. For the small reason that she will be sent to the States if she did otherwise.

Their company is not on the brink of bankruptcy, as far as she knows, so she doesn't feel the need to do so. But, something in her father's voice, urges her to attend.

"Hey, 'Stal!" She was snapped out of her reverie when a voice invaded her. It was only then that she realized that she was on the phone with Alyanna. "Are you still there?"

They have been in constant communication with each other compared to Brittany and Deirdre. Among the four of them, they are the closest since they have known each other when they were in Grade School.

"Oh, yeah." She said and sighed again. She hugged her pillow and put her bestfriend on speaker.

"So, am I gonna see you on the 25th this time?" Unlike her, Aly was always present in the business parties. She is the next heiress of Echavez Hotels. It is expected from her to be always visible to the public eye.

Crystal, on the other hand, is the next in-line in managing the Belarmino Department Store which is the top-grosser in the marketing and retail industry. She has an older brother who takes charge of their branch in Europe and is engaged to be married soon to his fiancee.

"I guess so. I can't say no to them, this time around. I will be sent to the States if I disobey them." She admitted half-heartedly.

"Alright! See you soonest, sissy!" Aly exclaimed excitedly and even gave her kissing sounds over the phone. "You will love it! Everything is so posh and expensive! Papakilala kita sa mga elite friends ko! I can even get you a rich boyfriend there!"

"Oh, please, Aly. A boyfriend is the least of all my priorities, right now!" She interjected which earned a hearty giggle from her friend.

"Sabi mo lang yan. But when you meet the guy of your dreams, you'll feel all the butterflies and kung ano-ano pang insekto sa tummy mo!" Aly said in a tone she knew all too well. She is on the dreamland again. Her own hopeless romantic world.

"Give me a break, Aly." She rolled her eyes and yawned. "Bye. I'll be off to dreamland."

"You have such a boring life, sis. I'm telling you, you will meet the love of your life soon." Aly said as if she's sure of it and Crystal just dismissed her easily.

When Aly hung up, Crystal put the phone on her bedside table. She glanced at the calendar on her wall and saw that the event falls on Saturday.

Just in case, she changes her mind, she planned to take a stroll on the mall this coming weekend to look for a formal dress.

It wouldn't hurt for her to attend the party, right?

***

That same week, Brittany received an invitation from the organizer of the event.

Valeen handed it to her and she just told her to put it on her desk as she is on a Zoom meeting with an investor. It was only when she was about to go home when she was able to read it.

Pressing on the intercom, she asked Valeen to step inside and explain to her what the business party is all about.

Upon learning about it, she contemplated on buying a dress and  attending it.

She was also encouraged by Valeen to browse over their company's standing as it is possible to be asked about it by random businessmen and women. She made a mental note of it.

Brittany thought of inviting Damon to attend the event with her but hesitated. She figured that he is already too busy with their own company than to take part in it. She can manage it on her own. It's not like she would stay all night.

***

On the other side, Damon exhaled and stared at the expensive boxed rose he has inside the car. He is nervous if she will be happy to see him and even attend the big event with her.

He figured she is already stressed out with life that she will insist staying home instead.

Hoping against hope that she will approve of it, he pulled the boxed rose inside and closed the car. He walked towards her unit and gave a polite smile to the tenants in the same floor the love of his life is in.

After taking a few deep breaths, he rang the doorbell. He smiled as soon as he saw her radiant face he will never get tired of.

"Damon, baby!" She grinned and gave him the best kiss he ever had. "I missed you! Come inside!"

"I missed you more, Alyanna." He said and gave her her favorite flower.

" He said and gave her her favorite flower