Thirty Four

I tapped my foot in annoyance when I realized that Mr. Yñigo Forteza hasn't arrived yet. We are scheduled to meet at two in the afternoon today to discuss about the impending case that's about to come our way.

"Ate Val, wala pa ba sya?" I impatiently asked Miss Valeen through the intercom.

"Natawagan ko na, Brit. Na-traffic lang daw sya. But he's around the area na." Miss Valeen said and I thanked her before I hung up.

I massaged my forehead in frustration as I cannot contain my annoyance and irritation with the recent problem we have. I know I should have seen this coming when I  began to takeover our company but experiencing this firsthand is already weighing on my shoulders.

After almost twenty minutes, a knock was heard from outside and Miss Valeen came in with a man in his late twenties. I frowned when I saw him.

"I wasn't informed that Mr. Forteza is younger than he is. Who are you, by the way?" I couldn't help but snapped at him.

"Sorry, Miss Brit. I wasn't able to tell you earlier. I had to talk to some of our clients over the phone and —" Miss Valeen explained but was cut off by the man in front of me.

He chuckled and extended his hand for a handshake.

"Save your breath, Miss Secretary." He said politely and winked at her. He turned to me and said, "I am Yosef. Dad isn't available today due to some prior commitments. But rest assured, we'll be working on it." I raised an eyebrow at him before I shook his hand.

"Have a seat." I said after a firm handshake. I sat across him on the couch and he cross his legs, placed a notepad on his lap and equipped his hand with a pen.

"Here's your coffee, Sir Yosef." Miss Valeen said and placed the coffee on the table in front of him while an orange juice for me. He thanked her and she left us to discuss the case.

"So, shall we begin?" He asked and I nodded and let him start.

---

3rd Person's POV

"Job well done, Nico." A woman said to him when she handed him her payment. "Thank you. You may go."

Nico Bernabe thanked her and left immediately. He knew what he did was so against his principles but he has three kids to feed and a pregnant wife. He needed the money and he can't afford it with the little salary that he has.

"Keep an eye on him. Baka kumanta. You know what to do." The woman said to one of her men and she grabbed her handbag and went to the black BMW her father gave her.

"Hey, babe." She was surprised when she saw who was inside.

It was her boyfriend, Damon.

"Who was that?" He asked with a frown when she gave him a peck on the lips.

"Saan po tayo, Sir?" Kuya Armando, her chaffeur, asked at the driver seat.

"Sa River Heights po." Damon filled him in with the directions and turned to his girlfriend as the car started moving. "Who was that, babe?"

"Wala yun! Just some guy who asked for help! You know me, I can't resist someone who needs my help." She chuckled and hugged him at the backseat. "What brings you here? I thought you have a client meeting?" She asked changing the topic.

"I finished early. You weren't answering your phone. I called Manong and he told me where you are." Damon said, his brow still knitted in curiosity.

"Oh. I must have put it on silent mode earlier when I met with our wedding coordinator." She chuckled nervously and rested her head on his shoulder, avoiding his gaze.

"Okay. You should have rescheduled it. Nagkataon lang na hindi ko nacancel meeting namin kanina." Damon sighed.

"No worries, babe. I got it covered." She smiled. It was true since it was scheduled earlier before she talked to Nico.

"Thanks for understanding and patience, babe." Damon said and kissed her on the forehead. "I can't wait for us to get married."

"Me too, babe." She said, "me too."

Yes, finally, Damon is all hers.

And no one can ruin that.