Thirty

As the business party ended and the engagement was announced, I ambled silently away from the crowd of people and saw an open balcony at the right side of the ballroom.

Cotton has excused himself to talk to a friend he saw inside. I let him go and thanked him for staying with me earlier.

When I sauntered toward the balcony railings, I could see the starry sky and the calming view of the ocean. I have to give it to the host and organizers of the event. This is indeed the best place for socialization.

"I never thought that you'll be here." A voice that I recognize all too well said. I don't have to turn around to know who it was. "I-i'm sorry. Wala akong lakas ng—"

"Cut it out. Ayokong marinig." I said not looking at him. I felt him walk and stand beside me. A couple of distance separating us as we stared at the abyss of darkness.

"Again, I'm sorry." He said and I started to fume again with unwelcomed anger.

"Hey! Daddy's looking for y—" another voice came and I perfectly knew the bitch who destroyed what we have. "Brittany."

"Alyanna." I acknowledged her blankly, not minding to turn around and look at her.

"I have to go and I am sorry." Damon said and Alyanna butted in.

"Sorry? What are you even sorry for?" She asked and my hands clenched in fury.

"I betrayed her. We have done her wrong. Shouldn't you also be apologizing to her? Kaibigan mo sya!" He exclaimed in disbelief.

"Sige. Taasan mo ko ng boses! Make a scene while your father is around! Sige! Mag-eskandalo ka!" Alyanna hissed at Damon who just shook his head in disappointment.

"I can't believe you." He said and stormed out first leaving us alone here.

"Kilala mo ako, Brittany. I was never the person who apologizes and begs." Alyanna said.

"Save your breath. I don't need it." I said and turned around in an effort to walk out of the balcony but she stopped my arms.

Our eyes met and I knew from there, that she still has a lot to say but cannot.

"C-congrats on the success of your company. I-i heard you topnotched last quarter." She stammered.

"Thanks." I said coolly and yanked my arm away from her, leaving her alone at the balcony.

I passed by a couple of business-privy individuals and gave a small smile at them before finally escaping the toxicity of the atmosphere inside.

The valet saw me and he tapped his hat before he went out to get my car. I waited for a couple of minutes before I was able to get inside.

As I began to start the engine, my phone rang. I made sure I had my car doors locked before I answered the call.

"Brit!" That was Alvin's high-pitched voice.

"Teka, masyadong mataas!" I laughed pulling my phone away from my ears and wiping the tears that escaped my eyes. "Natanggal tutuli ko doon ha! Ano meron?"

Alvin cackled and he said, "saan ka, marecakes? Tara, g ka sa amin!"

"Tigilan mo ko, naka-dress ako! Gusto kong umuwi at magpahinga!" I said and adjusted the aircon inside the car.

"KJ naman nito! So what kung naka-dress ka! Maganda ka naman! Kabog na yan!" He exclaimed and I giggled.

"Saan ba ang ruta?" I asked, checking my face at the rearview mirror.

"Baguio lang tayo! As a friend!" Alvin laughed boisterously.

"Loka!" I roared. I have to give it to them. They always brighten up my mood as of they have extra-sensory perception. "Wala akong dalang damit! Malamig don! Bukas na lang! Pagpahingahin nyo ko! Utang na loob!"

"Si Jewel na bahala sa yo! We gotchu, baby!" He filled me in on the details and it was amazing how they plan on the staycation we all need.
"So, kitakits tayo sa fave tambayan natin ha?"

"Fine. Give me an hour or less, depending on the traffic. Be there shortly." I said and he hung up.

I drove to Soft Brews and in a matter of forty five minutes, I got there. I saw Lionel, Joana, Jewel and Alvin chatting nonstop at a table inside.

"Ayan na ang prinsesa!" It was Jewel who first noticed me and my face warmed up in embarrassment.
"Sexy mo, girl! Hotness personified!"

"Gaga kayo! Hindi nyo muna ako pinagpalit ng damit! Ang lamig, gagi!" I exclaimed and I saw Lionel raised his eyes at me.

"Alam kong maganda ka na. Pero hindi ko alam na may igaganda ka pa pala." He said smiling brightly at me.

"Tigilan mo ko, Eli. Kasama ka pala?" I asked sarcastically.

Ever since we worked in an endorsement together at our S Footgears, we became close. He is fun and easy-to-talk to.

"Naman! Ako pa ba!" He winked at me.

Then I noticed, "si Stan? Hindi kasama?"

"Uuy! Hinahanap!" Alvin grinned at me.

"Malamang! Kulang ang tropa!" I said defensively.

"Telege be?" Jewel chimed in teasingly.

"So ano, hindi nyo ako pauupuin?" I mocked and Lionel moved to give me space beside him.

"May nakakamiss daw sa akin?" Someone asked and I turned to face him.

Tristan looked so cozy in his blue hoodie and jogger pants. He makes me want to go home and sleep in the comforts of my bed.

"Ayan na nga! Miss ka na daw ni bru!" Jewel cackled and I slapped her playfully.

"Here, I brought you some jogging pants, blouse and a hoodie." He said handing a paper bag at me.

"Lifesaver ka talaga!" I cried out in excitement. "Buti ka pa! Mga lokaret kasi etong mga kasama natin!" He just laughed and pulled an empty chair from one of the tables. "Saglit, I'll just go and change."

With that said, I went to the ladies restroom. I successfully removed my dress and changed into the clothes he gave me.

I went out and was surprised to see Cotton here too. He has changed into a red hoodie and pants too.

"Buti nakaalis ka don?" I asked him as I approached our table.

Cotton smiled when he saw me, "of course! Ako pa ba! Hindi yata ako papayag na walang kapartner si Ubebe ko!"

Teasing remarks came from our group and it was Joana's turn to blush.

"Umayos ka, Velasquez!" She said and both guys turned at her. "I mean, Cotton!"

"Maayos naman ako ha." Cotton said and winked at me.

"Arat na! Baguiong- Baguio na ako!" Lionel said and we all agreed.

The twins informed their staff that they will be gone for three days and we left the place.

The boys agreed to take turns over the steering wheel and I was surprised when we saw a mini-van perfect for our group.

"By the way, Brit. Cool hoodie. Couple hoodie." Cotton commented when he closed the door of the van.

My forehead creased with what he said and I turned to look at everybody's clothes.

My jaw dropped when me and Tristan have the same hoodie. Mine with a girl design while him with the opposite.

"Stan!!" I groaned and everybody laughed.

This is gonna be a long ride.