🏵️Chapter 6🏵️: In the midst of worry.

{Justin's P.O.V}

"Chill bro, she's fine". I heard for the tenth time today.

My hands went through my already roughened hair as the phone told me the same thing it's been telling me all morning. This was the fifth time I was calling Nora this morning and the twelfth time I would call her in two days. But she hasn't been picking her calls, neither did she text back.

"Your pacing about is already getting me dizzy". He complained again.

James was my very good friend and he was more like an elder brother to me. We graduated the same college and since he didn't have anywhere else to go, I allowed him to stay over at my place till he could stand on his own and get his own place. He was my bestie and my advisor in a way.

Suddenly I felt hands dropping on my shoulders and before I knew it, I was already sitting down.

"Seriously bro, you need to take a chill pill. She's a married woman now, not just your friend. She'll call when she sees your missed calls". I heard him say.

"I've been calling her since the beginning of this week, she isn't picking her calls. Nora isn't the type of person to see my calls and ignore them, neither is she the type of person to not check her phone in two days".

"Seems to me that you know her more than her husband does". James murmured, sitting beside me.

"Of course, I do. She's my friend!" I defended.

"Just a friend?... If she's just a friend why are you so defensive?" He asked me. I kept silent, preventing myself from saying something I'd regret.

"But seriously, you need to relax". When he saw I wasn't going to answer him, he patted my hand trying to assure me.

"Can't you see I'm trying to?" I snapped. Seeing the way he flinched, he wasn't expecting that.

My hands raked through my hair again and I stood up immediately, grabbing the keys and dashing for the door.

"Just be safe, loverboy". I heard him say, before kicking the engine to life, then I dashed for the expressway. Then I realized that I didn't actually know where Nora's now living. I couldn't park on the expressway way so I continued driving on the expressway silently praying that Nora was alright.

I would have been calm if Nora didn't get married to that son of a bitch. I could feel the salty taste of my sweat as it rolled down my lips. My heart felt so uneasy.

God knows what he did to her. Maybe silencing her so that he can get what he originally married her for!

Just the thought of that made me more uneasy. I put the car in gear 4, hoping I could get out of the expressway on time.

I slowed down a little when I saw a narrow road at the other side of the expressway. I made a swift U-turn and quickly entered the narrow road. Seeing how the road was bumpy, I had to slow down. So I did, and drove with caution seeing how the road has been abandoned.

I parked the car and picked up my phone which has been in my back pocket all this while. The only person that came to mind when I thought of Nora was Mary. Mary is the closest person to Nora, so she should know where her mistress is.

I looked through my phone, desperately hoping I would see Mary's number. The only problem was I don't remember having a phone conversation with Mary before. Still I checked, hoping I could find it.

Suddenly I heard the honk of a car, which made me stop what I was doing. I looked up only to see a white Bugatti in front of me. The reflection coming from the car was almost blinding.